Vincent Kompany - 2018/19 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pep Guardiola: “We are going to speak with him after this game. Vinny has shown again that when he is fit, what he is able to do. When he is fit, he is incredible.”

There's your answer really Karen

Manchester City are still waiting for Vincent Kompany to sign a new one-year-contract extension. The club captain wants to play more, but City cannot guarantee him that. New talks between the player and the club are planned after the FA Cup final. [@HLNinEngeland]
That source is very reliable regarding Belgian players. Looks like he is gone then

I think contrary to the opinions here, Pep doesn't view Kompany as his starter. He views John and Laporte as the starters.

Even though John was benched after losing form this season, I believe Pep still regards him as the eventual starter and Kompany the safety backup.

Kompany must know this and has decided that's not a role he is keen on. Hence why he is seeking guarantees that he'll start. Something Pep seems unwilling to guarantee.

I guess the compromise would be that it would be an open competition and that may be enough to get the signature.

I admit to being absolutely ruthless and generally have no sentiment in terms of keeping players. However, in the last few weeks, Kompany has arguably been our best defender and, in certain games, even our best player. It has even come to the stage where I no longer wince when he makes challenges for fear that he won't come out of them unscathed. Given the pressure situations that the last weeks have seen and how we and he have come through them, I think it would be folly to let him leave.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.