Vincent Kompany - 2018/19 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still got a good year or 2 maybe not at the very top against the best but as a squad player for cups etc and to help the younger players / spread his experience and leadership skills

Vincent wasn’t on bench for Everton, is he injured, or is he that far down the pecking line that he is strugglin* for a game.would have thought he wS still needed for his size and experience, and he is no slouch in distribution.... I hope they treat him right and he doesn’t leave in a huff at end of the year after the magnificent service he has given city. Cup games and relieving Laporte and stones in lesser games surely.

Just don't think Guardiola fancies him anymore,it's a difficult one for most of us but got to be realistic I suppose,however Guardiola has to play it right,otherwise he will feel the wrath of some supporters if it does not play out nicely,and that is the truth.

Last thing he needs to do is to alienate a club legend,but it is becoming increasingly likely it is heading that way.

Vincent wasn’t on bench for Everton, is he injured, or is he that far down the pecking line that he is strugglin* for a game.would have thought he wS still needed for his size and experience, and he is no slouch in distribution.... I hope they treat him right and he doesn’t leave in a huff at end of the year after the magnificent service he has given city. Cup games and relieving Laporte and stones in lesser games surely.
He's 4th choice at this stage mate. Stones and Laporte are the future pairing and probably the best pairing on merit right now and even if Otamendi isn't as good as Kompany when both are fully fit, Otamendi is the one we can rely on to come in and play 10-15 games on the spin if something happens to one of the starters.

Same calf that has plagued him throughout his career.

Could be a couple of weeks or a couple of months maybe the press will ask him tomorrow.

What does everybody think in regards to giving him an extension??

I love Vinny and he has brought glorious times to the club but I think giving him an extension would be for more for emotional than football reasons. Would offer him a coaching role at the club or let him go on a free with his testimonial and tell him once he retires he has a role at the club waiting for him.

Would rather see Eric Garcia as 4th choice next season. We’ve made the mistake of not letting go of the past too much frequently. The old needs to make way for the new.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.