Vincent Kompany | Bayern Munich Manager

Bayern are needing a bit of an overhaul. Few aging players, Few big names wanting out with contracts running out, not a great time to take over when they'll expect to win the league next season as a minimum despite probably not being favourites for thr first time in over a decade. Will be a good test for Vinnie to see what he can do with top players, will need to make it work if he wants to be the man to take over from Pep.

Is a manager's career ever over? The same names have been getting jobs for the past several years.

While i can imagine Kompany still have managerial job, it will never be at top level again if he fail at Bayern.

This his biggest chance to make it big or bust, if he fails not a single club at top level will trust him to give him the job.

He is not at the level of Ancelotti yet whom already have prestigous credentials in various top club around Europe, still able to land Madrid job despite his previous failure managing Everton.

Press will tear into him for this. Burnley backed him and now he jumps ship? Remarkably poor.
Hmmm let me see, should I manage Burnley in the championship, or bayern in the champions league ?

Tough one that.

I would imagine he's spoken to Pep about this opportunity, and Pep has told him to go for it.

Pep's disciples are going to manage Barcelona, Bayern and Arsenal next season. Also, Slot is a bit of a Pep fan...Can't remember another manager with such an impact on football, not since Michels anyway.

we have to talk to him and ask him to make an offer for Phillips. after all the shit Rummenigge, Hoeness threw us over the years, we deserve a 50m bid from them for Phillips. I think he would do well in that league. or he has to have a training ground bust up with Musiala so we can come in with an offer.

find it funny we start to have people with City connections at top / rich clubs.
Arteta is our mole at Arse, Berrada will be the same at rags, now Kompany at Bayern :)

Bayern are needing a bit of an overhaul. Few aging players, Few big names wanting out with contracts running out, not a great time to take over when they'll expect to win the league next season as a minimum despite probably not being favourites for thr first time in over a decade. Will be a good test for Vinnie to see what he can do with top players, will need to make it work if he wants to be the man to take over from Pep.
It might not be the most intuitive to think that they are similar jobs, but this is the situation he walked into at Burnley in his first season, just on a much larger scale. It turned out to be the ideal environment at the time. He will be able to make a big overhaul, but this time with 100x as much finances and pulling power. He can build his team in his own image due to the turnover/process stage that Bayern are in, plus they will not then hit a wall the following season like Burnley as there is no promotion into a higher level, they are already there.

Even though they have struggled badly under Tuchel, Bayern should still be considered the dominant team in Germany and one of the stronger teams of Europe if they click into gear in the right system.

I do believe he has what it takes to get this right, he is an incredibly intelligent man both tactically and in the traditional sense of the word, he's also a great man-motivator, and this opportunity has fallen into his lap like a trick of the fates. So many things had to fall into place for this to happen, but sometimes that leads to the most special things, and it's up to him to make this one of those times.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.