Vincent Kompany | Bayern Munich Manager

Forgetting that it's Vinny for a moment, this seems like Bayern have lost the plot. I expected Klopp to end up there & is this a cheaper way around appointing him around December.
It feels similar to Arsenal taking a risk on Arteta but could go the same way as Potter.

I wish Vinny all the best

It might not be the most intuitive to think that they are similar jobs, but this is the situation he walked into at Burnley in his first season, just on a much larger scale. It turned out to be the ideal environment at the time. He will be able to make a big overhaul, but this time with 100x as much finances and pulling power. He can build his team in his own image due to the turnover/process stage that Bayern are in, plus they will not then hit a wall the following season like Burnley as there is no promotion into a higher level, they are already there.

Even though they have struggled badly under Tuchel, Bayern should still be considered the dominant team in Germany and one of the stronger teams of Europe if they click into gear in the right system.

I do believe he has what it takes to get this right, he is an incredibly intelligent man both tactically and in the traditional sense of the word, he's also a great man-motivator, and this opportunity has fallen into his lap like a trick of the fates. So many things had to fall into place for this to happen, but sometimes that leads to the most special things, and it's up to him to make this one of those times.
You're correct in pointing out the similarities, a lot of people including myself questioned his decision to go to Burnley precisely because of the state they were in having sold everybody of value after their relegation and he showed us all he knew what he was doing.

The only issue I'd bring up is I don't think he will get much say in terms of who comes in at Bayern, they have very influential people behind the scenes and the manager has to deal with what he's given most of the time, he'll of course have input but it won't be all him.

I definitely think he can be a big success there just thought it was worth pointing out he'll be going in at probably the most difficult time to be a Bayern manager in 10-15 years and it won't be the piss easy job many of the rival fuckwit fans will claim should he be successful.

While i can imagine Kompany still have managerial job, it will never be at top level again if he fail at Bayern.

This his biggest chance to make it big or bust, if he fails not a single club at top level will trust him to give him the job.

He is not at the level of Ancelotti yet whom already have prestigous credentials in various top club around Europe, still able to land Madrid job despite his previous failure managing Everton.
I don't agree. He may have to succeed at a lower level club a to get another chance of a top club but he's only 38 and has plenty of time in management.

He's hugely ambitious and even though it doesn't seem like the right time to chance going to Bayern he may never get another chance.

I watched a lot of Burnley in the Championship and he had them playing some lovely football, two his biggest problems last season was not keeping loan signings Maatsen and Tella, having them this season and I think they'd have survived relegation.

As long as he's given a fair chance I think he'll be successful at BM. I wish him well.

Forgetting that it's Vinny for a moment, this seems like Bayern have lost the plot. I expected Klopp to end up there & is this a cheaper way around appointing him around December.
It feels similar to Arsenal taking a risk on Arteta but could go the same way as Potter.

I wish Vinny all the best
I think people are looking at what Burnley and Kompany have done this season through such a narrow lens, they've just been laying the foundations for a much longer project.
I also could be batshit crazy as im still a huge Potter fan and he would get my vote to replace Pep ...

Really excited to see how he fares with world class players at his disposal rather than the dross he had at Burnley
Is the right answer, if he does succeed and I hope he does, he will be primed to take over Pep when the time finally arrives for the apprentice to take over the Master...

Really excited to see how he fares with world class players at his disposal rather than the dross he had at Burnley
The other side of the coin is Bayern's play fail to respond to Vinny's decisions(similar to Tuchel). For now it is a too bigger step.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.