Vincent Kompany | Bayern Munich Manager

Absolutely get that , what he did for us deserves all the best wishes , but how he is considered to be a candidate to manage Bayern Munich is madness

Yeah find it nuts myself, I was replying to a poster who said they couldn't find it in them to wish him well at that club is all, I was meaning he's earned our well wishes regardless of where he goes.

It seems a mental appointment from the outside but perhaps Munich have to roll the dice I suppose.

It’s not such an outlandish move when you think about it.

There seems to be a shift in football towards young coaches as opposed to traditional old school managers.

Also, Vinny has proved that if given the players to compete at the top of the division, he can play attractive winning football.

I know there’s a huge difference between managing Burnley in the Championship and Bayern Munich, but Vinny is well respected in the game. This move could be the making of him.

I think people are looking at what Burnley and Kompany have done this season through such a narrow lens, they've just been laying the foundations for a much longer project.
I also could be batshit crazy as im still a huge Potter fan and he would get my vote to replace Pep ...
When he was doing well in the championship, even after turning around the total structure of Burnley, I had reservations about him being Peps successor. I thought Burnley would easily stay up this season. Bayern who are usually a club that plans for the future & probably expected Alonso walk away from Leverkusen

Pep's disciples are going to manage Barcelona, Bayern and Arsenal next season. Also, Slot is a bit of a Pep fan...Can't remember another manager with such an impact on football, not since Michels anyway.
Cruyff had a similar impact, particularly on Pep.

Eberl better never stops searching for a manager after hiring Kompany.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.