Vincent Kompany | Bayern Munich Manager

Good luck to him if this comes off, have to admit I am very surprised by it. Struggling to see how it makes any sort of sense.
It makes sense, because Vinnie did a brilliant job at Anderlecht, and took a Burnley squad that was plainly in turmoil, after being relegated, with hardly any of them retained, to promotion, playing a brand of football that was easy on the eye, and with very little money spent.

He is clearly a very determined guy, and I’m sure he is very single-minded.

Additionally he speaks fluent German.

If Bayern were looking at a young German coach you'd never heard of who had gotten his team promoted with a record points total from Bundesliga 2 I don't think anyone would be questioning it. Cos it's someone we've heard of and the club in question is Burnley, people think it's weirder than it actually is.
You’ve missed out ‘but relegated them from the top flight the season after’.

I think if Kompany had done what he did and hadn’t had a first season in the top flight but then got a huge job, it would still be weird, like with McKenna now being linked with Chelsea or rags. Kompany did have the failed season in the top flight though.

I think big Vin had Burnley playing some good football and they created a few decent chances but lacked a proper out and out goal scorer which cost them in so many games.
With the players at Bayern he will be able to keep them playing good stuff and having a goalscorer like Kane will see them finishing off chances unlike Burnley.
If he does get the Bayern job I hope he makes a huge success of it apart from when we inevitably draw them in the Champions League.

Ecstatic for kompany if he manages to nail this one, critics saying he got Burnley relegated as if Burnley were a midtable club, they were up against it from the beginning of the season and though he wasn't Bayern's first choice but they're certainly not stupid to hand him the job, must have seen something in him. Good luck to him

I'm a bit conflicted with wanting to see Vinny do well as a manager there whilst sort of sneakily hoping Bayern get relegated too.
:)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.