Vincent Kompany | Bayern Munich Manager

I wasn't suggesting those were your comments, only that others had said it in the thread. Most of my reply was to your comment but that was a general statement.

Edit: Your comment, was a reply to my comment, which was a reply to someone else's comment. So I was tracking back to the original conversation as it applied to what I had said, which you were replying to. This is getting very complicated x'D
My post was a reply to @Mon Autre ’s post, which didn’t seem to be a reply to any one person’s post (as he didn’t quote anyone else).

I was pointing out his analogy was incomplete, which made it faulty, and provided information to support that. Namely, that per the premise of his analogy, pursuing Kompany is more akin to Bayern going after the manager of Dormstadt (newly promoted team which finished bottom of the table in the Bundesliga) than going after the manager of Heidenheim (which finished eighth in their first ever season in the German top flight).

You then replied to my post, seemingly arguing against something some other person(s) had said, rather than what I had said in my post, given I had already made many of the same arguments you were making in your reply to my post.

It is getting very complicated!

Really don't get all thus buzz about kompany as a manager, I don't rate his managerial abilities as of yet.

You’ve missed out ‘but relegated them from the top flight the season after’.

I think if Kompany had done what he did and hadn’t had a first season in the top flight but then got a huge job, it would still be weird, like with McKenna now being linked with Chelsea or rags. Kompany did have the failed season in the top flight though.

He won't be managing one of the shittest teams in the league at Bayern though. And the point still stands, nobody would know or care anyway of he'd relegated a shit German team. If they like his ethos, his mentality and what he's achieved on a more level playing field then that's up to them.

He won't be managing one of the shittest teams in the league at Bayern though. And the point still stands, nobody would know or care anyway of he'd relegated a shit German team. If they like his ethos, his mentality and what he's achieved on a more level playing field then that's up to them.
That’s not the point. You posted about if, buts or maybe’s without adding a rather vital element to the point you were trying to make.

if he had brought a second division club into the bundesliga and Bayern opted to appoint him, it would still raise eyebrows but you could look at it in a more favourable way to what the actual reality is.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.