Vincent Kompany | Bayern Munich Manager

He absolutely did not have the CV to warrant the Bayern job, however much we love him. I hope he does well but very weird answer to the question asked.

I'd paraphrase it as "I don't care about that, I will always back myself and there's plenty about me to suggest I should do that".

Given the headlines the other types of answer could create I thought it was a pretty sensible response.

I'd paraphrase it as "I don't care about that, I will always back myself and there's plenty about me to suggest I should do that".

Given the headlines the other types of answer could create I thought it was a pretty sensible response.
His life, upbringing and background have nothing to do with it. He has got into the management game and been given a job miles bigger than he deserved off the back of his managing career to date. Of course he can come out and say well I back myself and have done throughout my journey.

His life, upbringing and background have nothing to do with it. He has got into the management game and been given a job miles bigger than he deserved off the back of his managing career to date. Of course he can come out and say well I back myself and have done throughout my journey.

Don't disagree, but my point was what would have been a better response that wouldn't have generated potentially unhelpful headlines for him?

(It's a vicious circle, people get asked questions with a view to creating a clickbait headline so they give circumspect/tangential answers to avoid the trap.)

Last edited:
We won’t be short of options once Pep leaves. Michel, Alonso, Vinnie and Gundo will be up there as top candidates.
It will all depend on when Pep leaves and who is flavour of the month then. I hope there is zero sentiment involved and it is based on who we believe is the best man to replace Pep, which I am sure will be the case.

It will all depend on when Pep leaves and who is flavour of the month then. I hope there is zero sentiment involved and it is based on who we believe is the best man to replace Pep, which I am sure will be the case.
Those at the top are too hard-headed to allow sentiment influence their decisions.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.