Vincent Kompany | Bayern Munich Manager

Good job, very good is a stretch. Take the name aside, when Pep leaves would you be happy appointing a manager with nothing on their cv, just one promotion which was immediately followed by a convincing relegation. If you think he was qualified for the Bayern job then so be it. He wasn't though.
On his managerial record to date, no.

But, it’s not just about what he has done in the job; it’s also about his personality.

And, don’t forget, Bayern spoke to Pep, before offering Vinnie the job.

Speaking of Pep, was he qualified for the Barcelona job, when he took it? If his past managerial record and experience were anything to go by, definitely not. But the hierarchy saw something about him that gave them the confidence to hire him.

As I said earlier, it’s not just about his past performance.

On his managerial record to date, no.

But, it’s not just about what he has done in the job; it’s also about his personality.

And, don’t forget, Bayern spoke to Pep, before offering Vinnie the job.

Speaking of Pep, was he qualified for the Barcelona job, when he took it? If his past managerial record and experience were anything to go by, definitely not. But the hierarchy saw something about him that gave them the confidence to hire him.

As I said earlier, it’s not just about his past performance.

If you can find me a manager who got relegated, relegated convincingly and then offered one of the biggest jobs in football we can have a conversation. The whole of football was shocked at this appointment. His managerial record didn't equate to getting a job of that size. I did post earlier about his personality and other attributes which would have contributed. Pep worked wonders with Barca B and he then got appointed internally. They took a chance on a club legend and somebody who was slowly proving himself at a lesser level. This doesn't mean Vinnie will fail, it means he should count himself lucky that the other choices above him didn't want the job for whatever reason.

If you can find me a manager who got relegated, relegated convincingly and then offered one of the biggest jobs in football we can have a conversation. The whole of football was shocked at this appointment. His managerial record didn't equate to getting a job of that size. I did post earlier about his personality and other attributes which would have contributed. Pep worked wonders with Barca B and he then got appointed internally. They took a chance on a club legend and somebody who was slowly proving himself at a lesser level. This doesn't mean Vinnie will fail, it means he should count himself lucky that the other choices above him didn't want the job for whatever reason.
I’m sure he does count himself lucky to have the opportunity to manage at a club of Bayern,s size.

But, if he’s not going to back himself, who will?

And, if he didn’t take it, there’s no guarantee that he’d ever get the chance to do coach at that level again.

I’m sure he does count himself lucky to have the opportunity to manage at a club of Bayern,s size.

But, if he’s not going to back himself, who will?

And, if he didn’t take it, there’s no guarantee that he’d ever get the chance to do coach at that level again.
I think wires have been crossed a tad. No issue with him backing himself (his response the other night I found odd) No issues with him taking the job, considering his CV he rightly snatched their hand off. My only point was him not being deserving of it yet, even though I hope he has a successful managerial career. I don't like how ex players get jobs beyond their credentials that's all.

Good job, very good is a stretch. Take the name aside, when Pep leaves would you be happy appointing a manager with nothing on their cv, just one promotion which was immediately followed by a convincing relegation. If you think he was qualified for the Bayern job then so be it. He wasn't though.
He was....cos he got the job.

The other applicants weren't cos they didn't.

Your veiw/opinion is perverse.

Was lego heads CV good enough.....he'd never managed a club !!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.