Vincent Kompany (merged)

Marvin said:
staffs_blue said:
Its a shame Vinnie has been injured pre-season 'cos I would of liked to have seen him and Toure at the back for a few games together.
Me too. On paper that's our best partnership.

Looks like we will start the season with Dunne and Toure. A pity that they have so little playing time together

The Schalke game stands out for me.Kompany was excellent that night.He's only young to so he could be top top class IMO.

Re: Vincent Kompany

bizzbo said:
He's played a lot of games earlier in his career at CB, it's true, but the germans, dutch, belgians that I've spoken to, said that he never fulfilled his promise in the role, that his defending was not reliable enough for the top level. I have to say that I am suprized that people seem to have forgotten the superb form he displayed for us in the DM role until Christmas. I could have sworn he had the fans and analysts positively drooling.

Bullshit, i'm belgian, supporter of the team he grew up in and he was a very solid CB. In that position he has the possibility to become one of the best in the world, he's a good DM, but he has more capabilities for being a top CB. Just look at the matches he played with the belgian national team as CB. In Belgium they look at Vince as a CB and not as a DM. He has always played like that until he moved here.

He was reliable in the CB-position, you have to know he was in the first team from 17 years old, and yes at that age you make mistakes. The years following he even carried the defense and he was very reliable. Don't even look at his Hamburg time, he never felt great there due to injuries and some bad stuff happening in his private life.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.