Vincent Kompany (merged)

Re: Vincent Kompany

Real-City said:
Nigel de Jong has a purpose on this team and that is to clean up the midfield. Stephen Ireland is on the team to be creative and make the nice pass. I don't know what the difference is between the right pass and the smart pass but I will take the smart pass every time. He knows his roll as the disruptor and plays it very well.

Vinnie is a composed CB who had to play out of position last year because of lack of personnel. He is one of the top young defenders in the world and we would be crazy to sell him. He is big, strong, smart and will find the outlet unlike Dunne who blasts it down field.

My ideal defense goes like this:
Onuoha-Kompany-Lescott-Toure
de Jong

Lots of composure, speed and size in the middle with plenty of speed and grit on the outside. Kompany needs to be the centre piece of this defence for the future.
Toure at left back. Onouha at rightback lol.........and if you think VK is a top centre half you'd better tell Hughes and VK who as it happens wants to play midfield. De Jong was awfull last season and will probably be VK's back up for the midfield role IMO.

Just noticed this in the daily mail:

Barcelona eye £10m raid for Manchester City's Vincent Kompany as alternative to United star Jonny Evans
By SPORTSMAIL REPORTER
Last updated at 4:36 PM on 05th August 2009
Comments (0)
Add to My Stories

Barcelona are weighing up a bid for Manchester City's Vincent Kompany.
The European champions are looking to add two or three squad players before the start of the season and have identified Kompany, Manchester United's Jonny Evans and Sao Paulo's Miranda as three candidates to fill their need for a centre half.
Barca have shown interest in Shakhtar Donetsk defender Dmytro Chygrynskiy and Evans' team-mate Nemanja Vidic, but have been rebuffed by both.

Barca target: Manchester City defender Vincent Kompany
United are unlikely to want to part with 21-year-old Evans, despite talk of £12m offer for the Northern Ireland international.
The attraction of 23-year-old Kompany is his versatility. Barca are also in the hunt for a holding midfielder to provide cover for Yaya Toure and Seydou Keita, who are both set to miss at least a month of the season when the Africa Cup of Nations takes place early next year.
Barca's first choice is Javier Mascherano, though their hopes of landing the Liverpool are virtually nil following Xabi Alonso's defection from Anfield to Real Madrid.
Jonny be good: Evans has impressed at Manchester United
Kompany played much of last season in midfield after signing for City from Hamburg for £6m last summer.
Barca estimate £10m would be enough to prise the Belgium international from Eastlands as he may find first team opportunities limited once City's summer of spending is finalised.

Read more: <a class="postlink" href="http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1204517/Barcelona-eye-10m-raid-Manchester-Citys-Vincent-Kompany-alternative-United-star-Jonny-Evans.html#ixzz0NKdU0oRX" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... z0NKdU0oRX</a>

Taylor said:
Just noticed this in the daily mail:

Barcelona eye £10m raid for Manchester City's Vincent Kompany as alternative to United star Jonny Evans
By SPORTSMAIL REPORTER
Last updated at 4:36 PM on 05th August 2009
Comments (0)
Add to My Stories

Barcelona are weighing up a bid for Manchester City's Vincent Kompany.
The European champions are looking to add two or three squad players before the start of the season and have identified Kompany, Manchester United's Jonny Evans and Sao Paulo's Miranda as three candidates to fill their need for a centre half.
Barca have shown interest in Shakhtar Donetsk defender Dmytro Chygrynskiy and Evans' team-mate Nemanja Vidic, but have been rebuffed by both.

Barca target: Manchester City defender Vincent Kompany
United are unlikely to want to part with 21-year-old Evans, despite talk of £12m offer for the Northern Ireland international.
The attraction of 23-year-old Kompany is his versatility. Barca are also in the hunt for a holding midfielder to provide cover for Yaya Toure and Seydou Keita, who are both set to miss at least a month of the season when the Africa Cup of Nations takes place early next year.
Barca's first choice is Javier Mascherano, though their hopes of landing the Liverpool are virtually nil following Xabi Alonso's defection from Anfield to Real Madrid.
Jonny be good: Evans has impressed at Manchester United
Kompany played much of last season in midfield after signing for City from Hamburg for £6m last summer.
Barca estimate £10m would be enough to prise the Belgium international from Eastlands as he may find first team opportunities limited once City's summer of spending is finalised.

Read more: <a class="postlink" href="http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1204517/Barcelona-eye-10m-raid-Manchester-Citys-Vincent-Kompany-alternative-United-star-Jonny-Evans.html#ixzz0NKdU0oRX" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... z0NKdU0oRX</a>

whooooooossshhh.

yeah they can have him, i won't even ask for another defender in return just give us messi ;)

In all honesty I think we should leave Vinnie in the centre of midfield.

At the games that I saw live last season (especially the Copenhagen one @ CoMS) I thought Vinnie was one of our best players. He was intercepting everything that the teams tried to thread through the midfield and just played it up to Bellamy via Ireland or Robinho.

And at the beginning of the games he was the one trying to gear everyone up and organising positioning at set-pieces.... NOT Dunnie.

As much as I like Richard Dunne I'm going to have to put my loyalties to him to one side and say that I think Kompany should be our captain this season.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.