Vincent Kompany testimonial

I presumed it would be against Belgium with him playing half the game for each.
Why? Very rare to play a testimonial against an International side. It's not impossible or unheard of, but there are many other (far) more likely and common types of testimonial.

When I first heard Kompany was having a testimonial, I had 7 different potential opponents in mind.

Manchester United - Traditional testimonial opponent (Ken Barnes, Alan Oakes etc)
Anderlecht - Vincent's first club
Hamburg - Vincent's former club
Manchester City XI - Comprised of former players
Belgium - Vincent's national team
BX Brussels - A Belgian lower division side owned by Vincent
All Stars XI - Comprised of current or former fellow (non-city) professionals, legends of the game, and friends of Vincent

Can only be City v United. Not interested in watching legends. They should say hello at half time only.
We could have what happened at the Johnny Hart Testimonial....we played Stoke but had a Manchester v Merseyside veterans half-time game.

Perhaps current City v rags with a HT game when ratboy feeds the Goat again?

First Half

Ederson
Walker Kompany Laporte Delph
Fernandinho
De Bruyne Bernardo
Sterling Agüero Sané

Lukaku
Sanchez Pogba Lingard
Matic Herrera
Shaw Lindelöf Bailly Dalot
De Gea

Second Half

Hart
Zabaleta Kompany Lescott Kolarov
de Jong
Elano Silva
SWP Balotelli Bellamy

Van Persie Berbatov
Nani Scholes Carrick Park
Evra Ferdinand Vidić Neville
Van der Sar

Judging from the recent positive publicity, and Solskjaer's gracious comments at the dinner, I'm assuming that it will be some kind of City-United fixture, depending on CL commitments etc.

There are many reasons to belitlle the rags, but this isn't one of them.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.