vincent kompany

bluefandk said:
Oasis_City said:
Because he's a centre back covering for the fight back?

Have to hold my hands up and admit, that I havent seen him play enough to counter that point.

I have seen him play at RB a couple of times and he looked very good for a 21 year old.

His physical precense could indicate that he could develop into a CB though.

Well somebody else on here said he's not that good at right back but I know for sure he's a centre back.

brianstrousers said:
pee dubya said:
Boateng hasn't been brought in as an automatic first choice, in my opinion.
i know we have a lot of money but i can't see em paying 10m for someone and not playing him.
i don't think they'll play him out of position either like some are suggesting,same with Lescott,they won't play him at left back.
why should they when they can just go out and buy a natural?

I know what you mean, but we have to remember that we aren't just building a team, we're building a squad that can challenge for all the trophies over the next few years. We see the chance to bring in a young, versatile, international defender, with all the physical attributes needed for for English football, the capacity to improve and grow with the team. I view, maybe wrongly, Boateng as a De Jong/Kompany/Zabaleta type player, he might not be the most talented around, but he'll become part of the club rather than just a mercenary that'll be here for a couple of years, so i think he's a long term signing rather than an immediate one. I think he'll play loads of games next season, i just don't think he's that stand out quality above what we have already that'll make him automatic first pick.

I think Mancini has already said he thinks Boateng will take 2 months to settle so can't see him being a starter straight away.

Oasis_City said:
bluefandk said:
Have to hold my hands up and admit, that I havent seen him play enough to counter that point.

I have seen him play at RB a couple of times and he looked very good for a 21 year old.

His physical precense could indicate that he could develop into a CB though.

Well somebody else on here said he's not that good at right back but I know for sure he's a centre back.

Have you seen him play any games at CB? Ive never seen him play there so was wondering if he is any good there?

just seems to me that players like vinny are a dying breed- loves his football but uses his status to change peoples lives in a positive way. similar to neddy, deserves respect, surely captain material???

“I can’t wait to work with so many top players and show what I can do and become a better player. I believe my strengths are my pace and reading of the game. I can play at full back on either side but I prefer the central defensive position.”

Proof atlast!!! GET IN!!

He's certainly a very tall kid for a fullback, where we are heading he'll be facing europes trickiest wingers not halfway down the german league simply filling-in, the trouble starts for long fullbacks when the opposing manager realises that relentless dummy moves by his winger upsets thier equilibrium (sp?). Hope he proves the exception (in the position) but i somehow doubt it.

Boateng even says on the OS that he's a centre back first and foremost, not a full back.

kompany is better at ch than lescott and toure
more composed than both of them
more solid
arguably better in the air
and more reliable imho

dref619 said:
kompany is better at ch than lescott and toure
more composed than both of them
more solid
arguably better in the air
and more reliable imho

Kompany > everyone

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.