Vincent Kompany

black mamba said:
Whilst i agree with this thread , we DO need to remain switched on at the back for the entire game .......

had Wigan scored with that 'alarming' Kone header , as they definitely should have done with around 20 minutes to go , we might well have seen a different ending to the game , because Wigan would have pulled everybody back .......

somebody failed to mark up there , and Kompany and Nastasic are probably the main suspects , judgin' by the position that the header came in from.

Other than that though i thought we defended very well throughout the game .

It was Kompany's fault, as Nasty was in front of him and Kone was behind Kompany. Seems like we get in to this "who's marking who?" issues especially when we go to a Back 3/5. For me, we do too LITTLE man marking when we are defending the cross....just like on corners.

Kompany has, by his own standards, had a very slow start to the season, and has been caught out more than once. However, he is an EXCELLENT right sided centre half and an even better Captain....calm, composed, educated, and no hyperbole. A credit to the club.

Vincent was great again last night.I like the fact he came and applauded the fans after the match.Captain fantastic

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.