Vincent Kompany

Hard as nails too....remember when this happened,I couldn't believe it...

Belgium captain Vincent Kompany went above and beyond the call of duty for his national team during Friday's World Cup qualifier against Serbia, staying in the game despite suffering a broken nose, a mild concussion and cracked eye socket after a brutal collision with goalie Vladimir Stojkovic.
With Belgium up 1-0 in the 34th minute, Kompany smashed face-first into Stojkovic while attempting to head home a corner kick. The hulking 6-3 defender took the worst part of the impact and was left a writhing, bloody mess as team doctors went to his aide to treat his injuries.
What would have sent most players straight to the ER couldn't keep Kompany out for long, however, and the Manchester City star returned to the field to play out the remaining 60-plus minutes.

I said during pre-season that his fitness is the key to our season. Not only is he the best defender in the PL, he's our leader, organiser in chief and physical presence on the pitch (he actually plays as tough as he looks). It's our own fault we don't have proper cover for him although fate hasn't helped with the de Michelis injury. Replacing him is virtually impossible.

jimharri said:
[bigimg]http://i.imgur.com/w3dvRfA.png[/bigimg]
Epic shot.
That shot explains how much it meant to him and how he didn't give a shit about rags anymore specifically Shrek .
He handed Shrek to Nasty and went forward to just have fun.

World-class exhibition of centre-back play-interceptions, headed clearances which not only cut out danger but start counters too, merciless domination ( within the laws) of Rooney -which left the scowling scouser gurning and whining to Webb-plus that fantastic run the whole length of the pitch which tore them open for the final strike.Vince is a gentleman off the pitch but a ruthless competitor and leader on it!

DTKOAG said:
Would anyone say that he is the best player ever to wear our shirt ?

That's a hell of a question.

Colin Bell was a fantastic player, and could play just about anywhere on the pitch.

I think Vinnie has a long way to go to overtake Nijinsky yet.

Gaylord du Bois said:
Exeter Blue I am here said:
oldius said:
The best central defender I have seen playing at the club. If that was all, it would be enough, but when you add his leadership qualities, his intelligence and his commitment, you have someone who will become one of, if not the best player to have ever played at the club.

Some on here had him down as a rabble rouser, who should have been shown the door rather than Roberto Mancini at the end of last season. Just sayin' like.........
Go on then name two.
Lots of people said the players should go before the manager in a battle of power, and by lots I do mean lots.

DTKOAG said:

He's reaching "statue" level.

Trautmann, Bell and now Kompany.

He's the best centre half in the world.

DTKOAG said:

He's our most important player bar none, with the wealth of talent at our disposal I think that says it all.
I can't go as far back as some and never had the pleasure of seeing our great teams from back in the day but in this present era, one in which I suspect will yield more silverware by the season, Vincent Kompany stands out as a captain, a man and somebody who I'd have no problem telling my 6 year old to look up to - immense!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.