Vincent Kompany

Chris in London said:
drthingy said:
and breathe

-- Fri Feb 21, 2014 1:05 pm --

and breathe

I know why you say that, but I have to say that Stoke at home is exactly the sort of game where, if we are going to miss VK at all, you would want to miss him.

We couldn't face Barca or Chelsea without VK. We can manage Stoke.

I really really want him fit for next Sunday, mind :)

Do you watch much football?

GaudinoMotors said:
Chris in London said:
drthingy said:
and breathe

and breathe

I know why you say that, but I have to say that Stoke at home is exactly the sort of game where, if we are going to miss VK at all, you would want to miss him.

I really really want him fit for next Sunday, mind :)

Do you watch much football?

yes.

do you?

Chris in London said:
drthingy said:
and breathe

and breathe

I was thinking we should not be so complacent and that Stoke can be a tough test. But my memory plays tricks on me. I had been confused because of our numerous Stoke away slip ups. But you are right - we have beaten them 3-0 the last 3 times we've played them at home and haven't dropped a home point against them in 16 years. So I hope we can feel confident. Especially since they have downgraded their manager from rubbish to total and utter rubbish.

Chippy_boy said:
Chris in London said:
drthingy said:
and breathe

and breathe

I was thinking we should not be so complacent and that Stoke can be a tough test. But my memory plays tricks on me. I had been confused because of our numerous Stoke away slip ups. But you are right - we have beaten them 3-0 the last 3 times we've played them at home and haven't dropped a home point against them in 16 years. So I hope we can feel confident. Especially since they have downgraded their manager from rubbish to total and utter rubbish.

Could say the same about Norwich away, which we then only scraped a draw. We need to take every game as much as we can, and with over a week till C1C Final I think Kompany is fine to play.

proudbear said:
Chippy_boy said:
Chris in London said:

Could say the same about Norwich away, which we then only scraped a draw. We need to take every game as much as we can, and with over a week till C1C Final I think Kompany is fine to play.

if he's fit, he plays.

but if he isn't fit, i don't think that he would be missed as much at home to stoke as he would away to Spurs.

Two things about next Sunday - first, he gives us the best chance of winning if he played.

second, if we do win, we get to see our captain lift a trophy at wembley. a tiny bit of gloss was taken off that for me when Tevez had his strop in munich.

if any player deserves to lift a trophy wearing our shirt, it's VK

Pelle said in his press conference today that Vinnie felt a slight twinge in his hamstring on Tuesday but it's no problem and he's fit to play. I just hope he stays fit for the run in.

laserblue said:
Pelle said in his press conference today that Vinnie felt a slight twinge in his hamstring on Tuesday but it's no problem and he's fit to play. I just hope he stays fit for the run in.

On this topic I am quite pessimistic. Hamstrings are the worst kind of injury, imo. They just don't go away. I sincerely hope I'm wrong, but I suspect we'll be without the captain again at some point. Need to stay mentally strong and earn the points. It's hardly surprising that we wobbled a bit early without him.

One of the few players in the league who can genuinely motivate those around him... one way or another. Definitely a player respected by fans of every club.

Kinkys Left Foot said:
Luck95 said:
Really hope this is just rumour, can't be doing with that !

I can assure you it wasn't a rumour and I trust where it came from - the info came from a friend who's been working out of the Etihad all week.
Like I said we won't have long to find out will we?

No we didn't and it was wrong.

Would just like to say that with many players at our club we can say 'they are amongst the best in the world' but with Kompany he's simply 'the best'. I can't think a defender or captain I'd rather have in the world.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.