Vincent Kompany

I am still not sure he will end our manager after Pep.
He will absolutely, without any doubt, manage City at some point in the future - when the time is right for the team and for him.

Whether or not that’s after Pep, I agree remains to be seen.

He will absolutely, without any doubt, manage City at some point in the future - when the time is right for the team and for him.

I am still not sure even that far into the future. A clogging performance along with man to man marking that wasn't sustainable vs us lot, even with them briefly attacking us earlier on was a little convincing for me. If he is taken on by a bigger club then see how he does.

Last edited:

You are going overboard here. Nothing is ever as set in stone like that. There is a lot of things that can happen between now and Pep leaving.

Love Vinny he will always be a legend, but calling him as a future Manchester City manager now is way too early.

Lampard,Gerrard,Keane ....all legends who had promising managerial starts and look what happened.

Give it time.

With all due respect, Lampard, Gerrard and Keane were great players but clueless when it came to management. Kompany is not only class but he’s a damn sight more intelligent than those. Frankly, you’d be lucky to have him take over after Pep.

With all due respect, Lampard, Gerrard and Keane were great players but clueless when it came to management. Kompany is not only class but he’s a damn sight more intelligent than those. Frankly, you’d be lucky to have him take over after Pep.
Same was said when Patrick Vieira was at City and in charge of our EDS team and was coaching New York City FC

Clueless?

Keane got Sunderland promoted having amassed a similar domination of the championship that Burnley have produced.
Gerrard won a league title with Rangers.
Lampard took derby to the
playoffs.
Not exactly wall to wall failure is it?

Hopefully Kompany will indeed become more successful.
Time will tell.
In the meantime let's try and stay level headed and give him time to develop further.

Winning a title with Rangers isn't THAT impressive considering the gap between them, Celtic and everyone else.

Same was said when Patrick Vieira was at City and in charge of our EDS team and was coaching New York City FC

Fans are invested in playing legends becoming managerial legends too at their clubs.
Understandable,though not always realistic in a league as competitive and cut throat as this.
Arteta for instance has done a great job at the Arse,sometimes it works, but more often it doesn't.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.