Vinicius Junior

View attachment 111676View attachment 111677

Ahem!

Vinícius Júnior, the Real Madrid and Brazil winger, broke down in tears when asked about the repeated and systematic barrage of racist abuse he has received while playing in La Liga.

Speaking ahead of his national team’s Tuesday night friendly match with Spain, the country where he has played since 2018, Vinícius said: “I just want to play football but it’s hard to move forward … I feel less and less like playing. It never crossed my mind [to leave Spain] because if I leave Spain I give the racists exactly what they want.”

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...acist-abuse-spain-brazil-football-real-madrid
We would welcome him here, won't we?

View attachment 111676View attachment 111677

Ahem!

Vinícius Júnior, the Real Madrid and Brazil winger, broke down in tears when asked about the repeated and systematic barrage of racist abuse he has received while playing in La Liga.

Speaking ahead of his national team’s Tuesday night friendly match with Spain, the country where he has played since 2018, Vinícius said: “I just want to play football but it’s hard to move forward … I feel less and less like playing. It never crossed my mind [to leave Spain] because if I leave Spain I give the racists exactly what they want.”

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...acist-abuse-spain-brazil-football-real-madrid

The interview is on BBC Sport and its fucking heartbreaking. What a pathetic world this is, to still have these issues.

He is a fantastic player and I would love it if he came here. I think he is spot on though, stay in Madrid and keep pissing the racists off.

The interview is on BBC Sport and its fucking heartbreaking. What a pathetic world this is, to still have these issues.

He is a fantastic player and I would love it if he came here. I think he is spot on though, stay in Madrid and keep pissing the racists off.
Did the Spanish league ever did an investigation on these racists? Never heard anything about a ban or anything, shouldn't be that hard with so many camera's in stafioms nowadays. They should punish hard in these circumstances.

Would happily welcome him, he would have a better time in the EPL and would be an asset to the squad. Would be a bit of a selection headache at times though.

Hope the so-called "fans" get lifetime bans.

Did the Spanish league ever did an investigation on these racists? Never heard anything about a ban or anything, shouldn't be that hard with so many camera's in stafioms nowadays. They should punish hard in these circumstances.
Tebas proved the racist he was by initially intimating that Vini was making a mountain out of a molehill & should man up & concentrate on his football.

It's only after he was called out by Vini & roundly condemned by Ancelotti & later Real Madrid, that Tebas backed down, reversed his narrative, apologised & said the Spanish FA would seek action against these fans.

It's only then that the local police got involved & arrests were made. However, until Vini threatened to walk away from Madrid which made Real act, forced Tebas to apologise & the police to make arrests, little had been done in Spanish football to tackle racism & racist chanting.

Even after that vike episode, it still continues, especially as opposing fans now know it upsets Vini who's so pivotal to the way Real play. He's a young man at work being abused for the colour if his skin, which is beyond his control.

We need to get Agents Walker, Ederson & Fernandinho on the case. It may drizzle a bit more in the UK, but at least he'll be able to ply his trade in the world's best league with a better level of protection against these braindead Morons.

i see him playing for PSG or United, not for us, although would be a welcome addition.

i see him playing for PSG or United, not for us, although would be a welcome addition.
Why PSG? Shithole.
Why United? Shithole.

I can see this getting legs if we sounded him out. He isn’t a mercenary, he wants to win. We should be all over this and telling him he wouldn’t have these issues here, or not to that extent.

What club would anyone go to from Real Madrid? Manchester City.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.