Vinny joins Anderlecht as player/manager (Simon Davies follows him)

The dream scenario is he does really well as manager and eventually manages us with Zaba as part of his coaching team.

Never met him, but I love him. He’s given his absolute all for this club and I couldn’t want better for the lad.
I met him a few years back in west Didsbury as he was heading into a restaurant with his family so i said hello and shook his hand and he was quite happy to chat.
It took him half an hour to walk the 100yds as he kept being stopped by people but he didn’t seem arsed at all and gave anybody the time of day .
A genuine lovely guy.
Legend .

Seeing him go into a player-manager role at Anderlecht has really brightened up the news... Although he could easily join another elite team it is a fitting move for the man. The man is such a terrific human being. Will he be Pep's successor?

You know, it's striking how on the one hand there's the sadness at him going, but announcing he's going to Anderlecht as player coach seems to have perked everyone up. Might be just about the only way he could leave with the total approval of everyone.

Well at least there's a silver lining in this, we can loan some of our academy players to Anderlecht and he would just apply the exact same city style training , play out of the back for defenders, keep possession for midfielders, link up play for attackers, basically the exact same training the academy boys had here only this time they would be involved in an actual league title run in out there in Belgium. Who knows KDB could also give Vinny some quality attacking midfield player development tips!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.