Vinny joins Anderlecht as player/manager (Simon Davies follows him)

Discussion in 'Bluemoon forum' started by richards30, 19 May 2019.

1. Blue Hefner

Blue Hefner

I just looked on Google. That points total it something to do with the ‘regular season’ and ‘championship round’ - I have no idea how it works

2. Pablo1

Pablo1

He finished his playing career with us as he started. A giant amongst men.

Neville Kneville likes this.
  3. Blue Hefner

Blue Hefner

Good luck to him. I’ve been at home most the weekend because Mrs Hef is in New York and seen as though I didn’t get chance for a good European trip I might go over and see them next season

4. Bluemoonie92

Bluemoonie92

Gutted. What a man, wish him nothing but the best for the future and hopefully we will see him back at the club one day.

5. ws01

ws01

Thank you Vincent Kompany.

Thank you for being fearless and standing strong for us, whenever we needed it the most.

Thank you for being ruthless and ambitious, whilst still kind and compassionate.

Thank you for leading a bunch of men from every part of the globe, helping to turn us into the force we are today by having them follow your professional lead.

Thank you for always conducting yourself with absolute class and dignity, on and off the pitch.

Thank you for being a beacon of ownership and responsibility, and making us proud to call you our captain.

Thank you for those two goals that were never expected of you, yet played such a crucial part in two of our title wins.

Thank you for always respecting the club and showing us that you cared.

You are a leader the likes of which one rarely comes across in sports. We were just lucky enough to be on the same journey and cross paths with you.

You have helped to give us the kind of joy that we once thought would never be possible, and which will carry on in our collective memories until our time is up.

Thank you.

Dribble, KS55, cyan and 6 others like this.
  6. 1.618034

Brilliant.

Oh, and here's another one...

[​IMG]

SebastianBlue likes this.
  7. shakeyboy

shakeyboy

Haha I love things like this. Shows just how far we have come in a relatively short amount of time. Have to admit though, not many there I had anything but absolute love for. It's amazing what sky blue can do for an otherwise unremarkable man. I have 7 jerseys with name/numbers of players from that starting XI. And no shame!!

Dribble and TonyM like this.
  8. TooBlue

TooBlue

The term legend is bandied about too frequently these days, but Vinnie is a genuine City legend, up there with the greats.

A fantastic player, but its his leadership qualities we'll miss the most. Not sure who replaces that. Gutted to see him go, but he leaves with the best wishes of everyone of a blue persuasion.

Dribble and rnblade like this.
  9. oldius

oldius

Give his comments about how Pep has reignited his love of the game, I would be amazed if we do not agree some kind of partnership between us and Anderlecht, where Vinny gets the chance to take some of our top young players on loan to inspire them in the way Pep has inspired him.

10. bear in the big blue house

bear in the big blue house

Team supported:
    City
    A fitting end yesterday to his City playing career. Think this may have been on the cards a while given his emotion after Leicester game, and scoring THAT goal was fitting in his last match at the Etihad. Hopefully City and Anderlecht can benefit each other with young talent and Vinny will be a huge success in management. At his peak he was an absolute collosus and even with reduced playing time in recent seasons I'm sure he was a great influence and role model behind the scenes.