Violence at Euro 2016

No surprise at all this is happening, all day drinking + mindless morons (and England seem to have a fair share of them!) = violence.

It is just the mentality for some people. I was at Moon under on Deansgate after we'd been promoted with Keegan, forget which game as we got promoted before season end. I live in Withington so in those days, as I went wih my dad, used to just walk back from Maine Rd, however it was such a nice day and in good mood went in to town and ended up in Deansgate. ended up outside, drinking and singing songs, great atmosphere, real celebration, everyone in fantastic mood, it was great.

Until a cop car drives past, stops in traffic, and one lad who had seemed "OK" just shouted "effing pigs" and launched a bottle at it. I just had time to down my pint and leave by the time the riot police turned up en-masse and shut the place.

Just always sticks in my mind that, we were having a great time, it was a celebration, there was no need for it at all, the police did nothing, however some people have too many and want to fight the world and the police become a target.

On flip side the French police should have known this would happen. I didn't go but heard from a few lads who went Germany world cup, and there was beer-related aggro there too, however the German police seemed prepared, designated where fans to go, and would eject those who wouldn't do what they said. the numbers seem bigger in France but the Germans were certainly ready for the mindless morons once they were drunk and wanted to fight the world.

Shame really, I like many football fans (especially blues!) enjoy a good drink, but when you sense the atmosphere changing you do one. Doesn't matter what pub or country you are in, these idiots are everywhere and all football clubs have them.

they should create a "fight zone" somewhere and wall them in to a hall of mirrors where they can shout obscenities and fight their own reflections as long as they want, and leave the adults to just have a good time

Fine post

Regarding us (the English), and many others, it's the booze. Restricting the booze is the best thing they've done. Cut it off mind and there'll be some serious garden chair throwing.

No surprise at all this is happening, all day drinking + mindless morons (and England seem to have a fair share of them!) = violence.

It is just the mentality for some people. I was at Moon under on Deansgate after we'd been promoted with Keegan, forget which game as we got promoted before season end. I live in Withington so in those days, as I went wih my dad, used to just walk back from Maine Rd, however it was such a nice day and in good mood went in to town and ended up in Deansgate. ended up outside, drinking and singing songs, great atmosphere, real celebration, everyone in fantastic mood, it was great.

Until a cop car drives past, stops in traffic, and one lad who had seemed "OK" just shouted "effing pigs" and launched a bottle at it. I just had time to down my pint and leave by the time the riot police turned up en-masse and shut the place.

Just always sticks in my mind that, we were having a great time, it was a celebration, there was no need for it at all, the police did nothing, however some people have too many and want to fight the world and the police become a target.

On flip side the French police should have known this would happen. I didn't go but heard from a few lads who went Germany world cup, and there was beer-related aggro there too, however the German police seemed prepared, designated where fans to go, and would eject those who wouldn't do what they said. the numbers seem bigger in France but the Germans were certainly ready for the mindless morons once they were drunk and wanted to fight the world.

Shame really, I like many football fans (especially blues!) enjoy a good drink, but when you sense the atmosphere changing you do one. Doesn't matter what pub or country you are in, these idiots are everywhere and all football clubs have them.

they should create a "fight zone" somewhere and wall them in to a hall of mirrors where they can shout obscenities and fight their own reflections as long as they want, and leave the adults to just have a good time
Splendid idea.

Yes, a hall of mirrors, then release the bees.

Just watching the German news report that six Russian hooligans on way home have been arrested in front of Cologne cathedral. They'd apparently donned balaclavas and gloves and attacked a group of tourists, Spaniards. The Russians had supposed to have been flying back to Moscow tonight and were hell bent on a fight before leaving but most were collared.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.