Violence at Euro 2016

Absolutely nothing will be done about these Russian thugs as per usual. You'd have to be mad to go to the world cup in Russia in 2018.

You'll be surprised at how many City fans used to follow England away until we got European football, i met some great people during those trips along with some right arseholes but i wouldn't go to another one if you funded it for me. The knock on effect though is that at club level we all get tarred with the same brush

Correct pal. Lots of city followed England back in the day.

I've been to Euro 80, WC Spain 82, WC Italia 90, France 98 (Marseille was bad then, but more of an up for it England mob) and Euro 2000.
The England fans back then were very different to those in Marseille currently. Football now is a family event, families go on holiday to southern France and will have taken in the game. Last night we saw women and children cowering in the stadium, shocking to see.

English fans now just go for the craic, they have evolved, all ages follow England. The younger element, think they're at home. They get full of beer, and start singing, that's what we do. Just think back to City games in Europe. Unfortunately, in many parts of Europe they don't understand that congregating around bars, drinking and singing, may be loutish, but it's not hooliganism.

It's only recently that east Europeans and former communist bloc countries have been allowed to travel. The hooligan scene is a new thing to them, whereas we've made great strides to improve the situation. They are 30 years behind and hooliganism in Russia is rife. We have approx 3000 under banning orders. Imagine the chaos if the old school England firms were there. Mind you, most are my age or older. England v Wales is the next game and I fear disorder in Lens, not on the scale of Marseille, but disorder nonetheless.

I hope my friends over there remain safe.

Fucking hell, just watched that Collymore video. He's a right attention seeker. Shit behind the camera as well. Nice to see the French authorities are using mustard gas though!

I'd suggest banning england fans from away games/tournaments for starters, and then banning England from international football if there is still a problem. Same for other countries who have dickhead fans.
Don't be daft. The vast majority of England fans in Marseille for this game won't have done anything wrong.

Shouldnt there be a sizable no mans land between the fans with police ... and if necessary dogs?

The organization seems terrible.

Fucking hell, just watched that Collymore video. He's a right attention seeker. Shit behind the camera as well. Nice to see the French authorities are using mustard gas though!
Reading his Twatter too he comes across as having validation issues.

Shouldnt there be a sizable no mans land between the fans with police ... and if necessary dogs?

The organization seems terrible.
Russia 2018 will probably have both along with security forces with itchy fingers instead of stewards.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.