Violence at Euro 2016

It's really incredible how bad the preparation has been for this tournament.

UEFA need to grow a set of balls and properly punish these countries. Russia were involved the same thing at Euro 2016 and the qualifiers for this tournament. Throw them out and ban them for a future tournament.

Somebody is going to die at this tournament. If that happens, there should be a mass switch off.

Here's a question; how many people involved in this trouble do you reckon have a criminal record?
How about blaming the thugs for scrapping, rather than police and tournament organisers for failing to stop them?
If people drive like twats and get hurt its not the fault of police or the highways agency. Mayb if someone gets drunk and drowns its the lakes fault?

I saw an interview with some Russians who said in spite of the political situation they still regard the Ukrainians as brothers and they are going to join up to attack the Polish who they both hate with a passion.Bear in mind that these are hooligans who will have a different political perspective than the average Ukrainian in the street.

Could be East Ukrainians too

How about blaming the thugs for scrapping, rather than police and tournament organisers for failing to stop them?
If people drive like twats and get hurt its not the fault of police or the highways agency. Mayb if someone gets drunk and drowns its the lakes fault?

I blame the organisers more.

You'll always, always, always get idiots. It's how you police them, the police in this country do a really excellent job at it.

You've got thousands of drunk criminals with no policing - recipe for disaster.

Is it ok to proportion 'some' of the blame to England fans for the violence over the past few days and nights?
Looks to me like they were given it the big un' before the Maghrebi locals and Ivan came in and escalated things.
Lesson is, don't be acting the big man if you can't back it up and don't booze if you continuously make a complete **** of yourself.

I am not sure they were giving it the 'Big un' they were doing what football fans seem to do wherever they go,particularly fans from the UK. Find a bar,sing and erect banners and flags etcetera.According to most bar owners and the police they were good humoured and no problem. The trouble started when once they had settled in areas and were identifiable then large gangs of local youths started to goad and attack them.This was bad enough but then the Russians entered the mix and we got the mayhem we have all seen.

Other countries do it,like the Irish and the Welsh and it is called passion,England do it and it is called being jingoistic. I know you are going to get the ''No surrender'' songs etcetera but the other countries sing their own versions too.

Fucking wow!

After everything that had happened that day,this is how they keep them seperate.

Looked like the rope was down at the front, maybe to try and stop a pitch invasion? The segregation appeared to be a piss poor line of stewards, who fair play weren't going to take a smack in the mouth to stop fans getting at each other. From that shot, it did appear that stuff was getting thrown by a small group from each side, then it just appeared that a shit load of Russian fans decided to go across to the English side.

Forget the Russian authorities, someone needs to call UEFA on this one, as surely it is their responsibility as the owners of the competition to ensure adequate crowd segregation. These fuckers are only interested in making a profit from the tournament. If I was a fan and I got a smack in that end of the ground I'd think about fucking getting some compo out of UEFA for a failure in organisation. However, everyone will just be blaming the Russians.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.