Virgil van Dijk

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's a difference between committing to a club long term and electing to stay put for now. The latter is Laporte. He was injured, young and didn't want to move on in the end at that time.
The former is VVD who has only managed finances and potential successes on which to hang his decision. In both cases, City offer much, much more than the bin dippers, it's hardly even a contest. Klopp can't compare to Guardiola in pull power either.

We'll get the people Pep wants this summer, make no mistake. If Virgil is off to that mob, then we have other targets in mind.
I'm sure Pep and Txiki have other targets. These guys are the best at what they do. But I won't ever believe the theory that every player that Pep wants will sign for City and that is because players have personalities, dreams and their own ambitions. There are a lot of things at work here; more than just the City project, Pep and money. Players have other driving factors and motivations too.

I suspect he's playing all the clubs against each other for the best possible deal, done to us last week, will be done to Chelsea next.

If he is off to the dippers it'll be a bit of a loss as he's already acclimatised to the Prem etc.

Just hope the thread doesn't become 'a didn't want him anyway' thread.

Always rated Maldini jnr the higher of the two as imo he was simultaneously the best right back, left back and centre half in the world and kept it up into his forties, but both were absolutely amazing.

Both legends and arguably in the best teams ever. But Baresi was majestic, not that Maldini was far behind. Just looked, they played 196 games at centre half together and conceded 23 goals. Amazing stat.

Baresi was named Serie A player of the 20th century, hard to disagree with that really!

I'm sure Pep and Txiki have other targets. These guys are the best at what they do. But I won't ever believe the theory that every player that Pep wants will sign for City and that is because players have personalities, dreams and their own ambitions. There are a lot of things at work here; more than just the City project, Pep and money. Players have other driving factors and motivations too.

I agree, but in this instance we've not got an awful lot to point us in this direction anyway. The Sunday People is a trap door in the canoe of British media and Sam Lee was unconvinced we'd made any moves for him.

Yes, players are different, but you can't tell me one good reason Virgil Van Dijk has to move to Liverpool over even Chelsea, let alone to us. Even if he did have different aspirations, an extra £20,000 a week can help put life back into perspective.

Then what is this?

That's not what you said. He's talking about him, Van Dijk, going to the dippers.

You accused people here of saying EVERY target we don't get we obviously didn't want.

That's different.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.