Virgil van Dijk

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the main question surrounding Liverpool is how big is their budget this summer?

Domestically he will get a better challenge at City than he would at Juventus.

It's whether or not he wants to carry on trying to win the CL with Juve.

It's nothing to do with what he can achieve at City is the problem.

I think that Bonucci is possible, but I would rather have signed Van Dijk. Firstly, Van Dijk is younger and we should be signing players that can improve for the future whilst Pep is at the club. Secondly, Van Dijk is much quicker than Bonucci. I'd worry about being exposed to the counter attack with a Bonucci-Kompany or Bonucci-Otamendi CB pairing. Even Stones isn't particularly quick and I think that Walker and Mendy will struggle to play the inverted fullback role. If we are going to have the likes of Mendy and Walker bombing forwards (as they are being brought in to do) then we will be left with two slow centre-backs trying to cope with 3 on 2 situations against the likes of Chelsea, Liverpool and Arsenal.

I think the main question surrounding Liverpool is how big is their budget this summer?

Apparently Klopp only has 2-3 targets.

He already has got Van Dijk and salah. 40m + 60m already. So already at 100m spent. Probably will sign 1 or 2 more players and thats all there targets.

Would have been a good signing but that presumably eats up a huge chunk of Liverpool's budget. Be interesting to see if we go for another centre back or decide to wait for Hernandez next year.

by most if not all accounts, Pep will be bringing in a central defender this summer.

He knows we are a Vinny injury from looking shaky at the back and a team with limited leadership.

Apparently Klopp only has 2-3 targets.

He already has got Van Dijk and salah. 40m + 60m already. So already at 100m spent. Probably will sign 1 or 2 more players and thats all there targets.

They must be filling out their squad with academy players then.

Fair play if so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.