Virgil van Dijk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why do people insist on making shit up?

Hes been deployed as CDM of late and has been earning rave reviews,like @domalino states.
Unfortunately he was subbed at HT in their last game due to illness(D&V allegedly)

Five league starts for Sunderland this season, of which they've won two, and one of those they didn't score until after he came off.

I'd like to point out, that Denayer winning YPOTY in Scotland has no bearing on who was the better of the 2 that season as Van Dijk was in the team of the year whilst Denayer wasn't. Although Van Dijk was technically eligible for the YPOTY award ( he was 23 ), he went into the running for POTY instead. Plus, Van Dijk is a Kompany like CB and that is what we are missing, Denayer isn't so he will not fill that void.

Five league starts for Sunderland this season, of which they've won two, and one of those they didn't score until after he came off.
He wasnt playing at the start of the season because of a lack of form/match fitness and also injury.Its only the last few games things have changed and,like ive said,on the Sunderland forums he getting plenty of praise - there is a player in there,no doubt.

With regards to VvD,he has had no such issues as he was fortunate enough to have been purchased by a club who have continually played him,hence why he is looking the part and the better of the two.It wouldnt be an absurd suggestion to think Southampton could do worse than reunite them.

That would be one really pathetic way to try and minimise his contribution to them.

If you weren't desperately trying to belittle him as a player though, you might say something like:

Sunderland have won 10 of their 11 points in games he's played in.

In games he's started they've conceded 5 goals in 5 games. In the 9 he didn't start they conceded 18 goals.

The Sunderland fans are raving about him, and he's an integral player for them moving forward. I have absolutely no idea why any City fan would twist facts in such a way as to shit on one of out own players the way you have with Denayer - what's your problem with him? No objective outsider, let alone a City fan would try and paint the completely inaccurate picture of him being useless - this on top of you opening with the lie that "he can't even get in the Sunderland team" - so clearly there's something more to it.

That would be one really pathetic way to try and minimise his contribution to them.

If you weren't desperately trying to belittle him as a player though, you might say something like:

In games he's started they've conceded 5 goals in 5 games. In the 9 he didn't start they conceded 18 goals.

The Sunderland fans are raving about him, and he's an integral player for them moving forward. I have absolutely no idea why any City fan would twist facts in such a way as to shit on one of out own players the way you have with Denayer - what's your problem with him? No objective outsider, let alone a City fan would try and paint the completely inaccurate picture of him being useless - this on top of you opening with the lie that "he can't even get in the Sunderland team" - so clearly there's something more to it.

I like Denayer, I've followed him since we bought him and he was great at Celtic. But I've watched three of those five starts and in my opinion he's miles away from Van Dijk. He looks less confident in possession, less able to pick out a pass, weaker and less dominating in a one-on-one. I want Denayer to do well, of course I do and preferably for us. But either Pep doesn't rate him or- if rumours are to be believed- he pushed for a loan because he didn't think we'd play him. Well, later today is a game where he'd almost certainly start alongside Stones were he here.

At literally no point have I suggested that Denayer is not a good player. I said that he was nowhere near the quality of Van Dijk and I stick by that. The assumptions you've made about my personality suggest a massive overreaction to something that I said. Maybe you don't agree with me but I think you're being unreasonable and essentially attacking me for having a different opinion to yourself.

We have four natural CB's, one of whom is always injured and another is 18, and yet we sent Denayer out on loan. That suggests to me that there's something between him and the club.

Thanks for answering my question above (actually before I posted it)

How many have they won in games he didn't play in?
It's true that their win ratio is better since he began starting but in my personal opinion that's more down to Anichebe who's also been playing around the same time and has scored 3 goals in 4 starts plus won the penalty that won them the Bournemouth game.

I'm not saying Denayer isn't a very good and promising player, just saying that I don't think he's one of the big reasons why Sunderland have turned their form around.

All this really comes down to is that I think Van Dijk is the better player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.