Virgil van Dijk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bony was top dog scorer when we bought him. He fitted the category of been there, done that.
We all want to buy the perfect fitting player each and every time, but life isn't like that.

Well not really, he was hardly Benzema. Scored a lot of goals at Swansea playing in a certain style. Txiki bent to Pellegrini's wishes on that one and it failed miserably because Bony realised he had to actually try and play football here and shat himself.

I know life isn't like that, but with the amount of potential we bought last summer, the lack of real hardened "this guy is world class and will fit in seamlessly" players in our squad, I think we do need to add a couple in who will become lynchpins in the side.

Well not really, he was hardly Benzema. Scored a lot of goals at Swansea playing in a certain style. Txiki bent to Pellegrini's wishes on that one and it failed miserably because Bony realised he had to actually try and play football here and shat himself.

I know life isn't like that, but with the amount of potential we bought last summer, the lack of real hardened "this guy is world class and will fit in seamlessly" players in our squad, I think we do need to add a couple in who will become lynchpins in the side.
We are on the same side mate, I just don't think you can buy a guaranteed player

For Bonucci, I don't think money was ever really a factor. He doesn't want to leave and Juventus don't want to or need to sell him. He's in a team that wins everything.
Van Dijk is completely different. £30 million is massive for a club like Southampton and if he comes here he can play UCL football, be in with a chance of titles and earn far more than he does now. There's so much in it for him.

For Bonucci, I don't think money was ever really a factor. He doesn't want to leave and Juventus don't want to or need to sell him. He's in a team that wins everything.
Van Dijk is completely different. £30 million is massive for a club like Southampton and if he comes here he can play UCL football, be in with a chance of titles and earn far more than he does now. There's so much in it for him.

If there's no buyout clause I doubt Southampton would accept anything less than Stones money. Long gone are the times when they need £30m, they'll get £120m just in TV money this year and he hast 5.5 years left on his contract.

If there's no buyout clause I doubt Southampton would accept anything less than Stones money. Long gone are the times when they need £30m, they'll get £120m just in TV money this year and he hast 5.5 years left on his contract.
Agree. Sounds like this could be too expensive for my taste.

Less than fuck all chance of getting him for £30m. Southampton hold all the cards here if he has no clause.

What weaknesses in his game concern you?

He seems to lack concentration and can find himself badly out of position some of the times I have seen him.Another knock it around the back but cant defend merchant.Dont think hes good value either if over 25m.

I said the same about Mangala before we signed him based on his inconsistency but after the Chelsea debut hoped I was wrong.

That said,I also didnt want Stones but he has proved to be much better than I thought.Think he just suffers from having poor full backs around him as Ota does.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.