Virgil van Dijk

Status
Not open for further replies.
For me it’s the new Gaz Baz, Liverpool toy with the idea for a couple of windows then we swoop in and get him for less than they were said to be paying........ we go on to win some trophies and they don’t.

I wonder what Micky Quinn's thoughts are on this possible transfer. I've not heard him on TalkSport for a while. Has he been binned off by them?

Mendy is young and new to the league. Will be top class given time. Beast of a player.

Mendy also has some ridiculous recovery pace which can make up for defensive frailties. By no way am I saying Delph is slow but mendy's pace is on another level

They ask for £70m, It's £70 m, for a defender? No please, rather go for james tarkowski around £20m (burnley dedefender)

You're living in 2012 if you think Burnley would sell Tarkowski for £20m. They sold Keane for £30m with only 1 year on his contract.

Also he's shit so why would we want him? Classic "can defend when there's 10 teammates in the box with him" defender.

You're living in 2012 if you think Burnley would sell Tarkowski for £20m. They sold Keane for £30m with only 1 year on his contract.

Also he's shit so why would we want him? Classic "can defend when there's 10 teammates in the box with him" defender.
It is very odd how so many people don't seem to be able to get their head around how much the market has inflated over the last few years. It's like the bonkers summer this year never happened. Personally, given how few quality CBs who could fit into Pep's system there are about, I'd have thought if we could get VVD for 60m or 70m it would be about par for the course. I know 70m for a CB sounds ludicrous but no more ludicrous than many deals that went through last summer. It's just the way it is. The alternative is to spend less (but still a reasonably large amount) on someone who is relatively shit.

It is very odd how so many people don't seem to be able to get their head around how much the market has inflated over the last few years. It's like the bonkers summer this year never happened. Personally, given how few quality CBs who could fit into Pep's system there are about, I'd have thought if we could get VVD for 60m or 70m it would be about par for the course. I know 70m for a CB sounds ludicrous but no more ludicrous than many deals that went through last summer. It's just the way it is. The alternative is to spend less (but still a reasonably large amount) on someone who is relatively shit.
I blame transfermarkt, they still stubbornly refuse to accept any player in world football could have a market value of 80m+, they also think Sané's current value is 5m less than we paid for him. They hold to this belief despite the fact that every player that moves, moves for considerably more than they believe they're worth.

Who actually gives a shit about the fee anyway? IMO we as a fan base have been far too apologetic over our spending since 2008. Constantly arguing over spending £44m for Sterling not £49m as if it makes a difference. We should be owning it, and talking about how we walked up to liverpool and took their best prospect and there's nothing they could do about it. We are possibly the wealthiest club in the world, people are always going to try and asterisk our successes with money anyway, spending 50m on VVD instead of 70m won't change that.

As long as we can stay the right side of FFP and manage to get all our targets, I don't care how much they cost.

I blame transfermarkt, they still stubbornly refuse to accept any player in world football could have a market value of 80m+, they also think Sané's current value is 5m less than we paid for him. They hold to this belief despite the fact that every player that moves, moves for considerably more than they believe they're worth.
What a player is worth can be measured by KPI data.

However, what a selling club asks for & the buying club are willing to pay is a metric that cannot be measured.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.