Virgil van Dijk

Status
Not open for further replies.
VVD everything what we need from a CB good header, good tackler, good passer. I know he has played in the Europa think he can still play in Champions League. Buy him I do not think we would regret it and main thing is he knows the Premier League

I think you have been watching someone else.

You got the age thing correct though ;-)

I am sticking by my opinion and we will be having the same discussions on here when Managla was at City (presuming we are going to sign van Dijk either in this window or the summer) this time next year. If VvD does look like a world beater in our shirt then fair enough I will hold my hands up and say I got that completely wrong.

I am sticking by my opinion and we will be having the same discussions on here when Managla was at City (presuming we are going to sign van Dijk) this time next year. If VvD does look like a world beater in our shirt then fair enough I will hold my hands up and say I got that completely wrong.

Mangala is a terrible defender , rash , no composure , bad positioning and a complete liability..Similarities end with speed and aerial ability as Mangala is average at everything else whilst VVD excels.

Mangala is a terrible defender , rash , no composure , bad positioning and a complete liability..Similarities end with speed and aerial ability as Mangala is average at everything else whilst VVD excels.

FC Porto are not a small club by any stretch in the imagination, Mangala to had bags of potential when he did join the club had come from similar footballing backgrounds and Porto have been consistently in the latter stages of the Champions League for some time(so they are far from being a rubbish club either).

Last edited:
I was comparing Mangala and VVD I don't recall saying Porto are a small club at all so what are you rattling on about?

He isn't quicker than Mangala or he isn't better in the air than Mangala. The only difference is van Dijk is better on the ball. And Mangala had enough potential for them to sign him up and develop him. Another point you are Celtic fan with a biased opinion.

Last edited:
What you're getting here is a top class centre back at the perfect age with pace , power , aerial ability , great game reading , leadership qualities and excellent technical skills.

There is a premium to be paid for this type of player as they are as rare as rocking horse shit , I raved about him on here whilst at us ( Celtic ) as him and Denayer was the best CB pairing I ever watched for us. He had been linked with a lot of interest from down south but only the saints wanted to take a punt , now he's the best centre back in the league within a very short space of time and stat wise he was one of the highest rated in europe last season. Anytime the ability clearly stands out then there should be no hesitation in signing players because waiting a season or two costs another £20 million.

Totally agree with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.