Virgin Media - Discount

Just cancelled my Virgin package and gone back to Talktalk as Virgin refused to negotiate a new contract at a reasonable rate.

See you in a couple of years time when I'm a new customer again.

I signed a new contract with these on 6 August (for 12 months),and the new bill today has gone up by £4.50 per month.

A letter came in the post,notifying of an increase from 1 October,but it was not personalised as such,I was thinking this was just across the board.

Are they allowed to do this,considering I agreed a price for a 12 month contract back in August ?

I signed a new contract with these on 6 August (for 12 months),and the new bill today has gone up by £4.50 per month.

A letter came in the post,notifying of an increase from 1 October,but it was not personalised as such,I was thinking this was just across the board.

Are they allowed to do this,considering I agreed a price for a 12 month contract back in August ?
I think you should be allowed to cancel it even though you are within your minimum period. It gets complicated if you have agreed a new contract for just, say, broadband+phone but your mobile and/or TV is a different period, so that could mean you can only cancel one of them and if they're giving you discounts based on having all services it can cost more. I once got tied to different contracts with VM and had to wait until the end of the mobile contract period before I could tell them to get f**ked. Some contracts allow one price rise in the minimum period, or at least used to, but I still think you can cancel - but this might have to be within 30days of receiving your letter.

I think you should be allowed to cancel it even though you are within your minimum period. It gets complicated if you have agreed a new contract for just, say, broadband+phone but your mobile and/or TV is a different period, so that could mean you can only cancel one of them and if they're giving you discounts based on having all services it can cost more. I once got tied to different contracts with VM and had to wait until the end of the mobile contract period before I could tell them to get f**ked. Some contracts allow one price rise in the minimum period, or at least used to, but I still think you can cancel - but this might have to be within 30days of receiving your letter.

It's the landline/broadband and telly all in same contract,all at same time,I just don't know after agreeing a price per month for 12 months,they can now charge extra ? I don't get it,I presumed I was on a "fixed price" so to speak for the remainder of the contract.Robbing bastards

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.