Visiting America with minor record

Not sure if they still do it but I went a few times in the 00's and remember filling the card in on the plane....with a warning to take care when answering because of the concequences and only use black/blue ink. So the first thing you do is shit yourself and make a mistake...then you're pointed at in the customs line and removed to a table at the far end of the terminal and told to do it correctly. Then join the never ending queue again......

Not sure if they still do it but I went a few times in the 00's and remember filling the card in on the plane....with a warning to take care when answering because of the concequences and only use black/blue ink. So the first thing you do is shit yourself and make a mistake...then you're pointed at in the customs line and removed to a table at the far end of the terminal and told to do it correctly. Then join the never ending queue again......
Phased out years ago. Now all done online with an ESTA visa waiver, application valid for 2 years, as many trips as you want (non business and not longer than 90 days)

Some pretty weird shit on there.

ABH and GBH could be fine but getting done for not buying a train ticket and you’re fucked.
I agree, welcome to the US of A.

Only thing I can see is that moral turpitude seems to be concerned with things that are premeditated. Someone deliberately goes out to avoid paying tax/fares or committing theft whereas (and I’m by no means a lawyer) the actual charge of ABH or GBH seems to be related to the impact on the victim not whether it was premeditated.

I can remember being sat in the crown court waiting to pick up my son who was doing duty service and a lad was being briefed by his lawyer why he was up for GBH and it was purely down to him hitting the other lad and fracturing his eye socket. If he’d hit him and caused just bruising then it would have probably been different.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.