Vladimir Weiss - Signs For Ranjirs Season Loan

At least he'll be getting a regular run out to show what he can do, should do quite well in the SPL (scottish pub league). CTID

Mancini obviously wants him to gain CL experience and Celtic don't have it. Looks like you dipped out of Vlad and the loony tunes expectation of Bellamy. Never mind, if Shay goes you might just end up with him.

shawgorbie said:
brilliant move for his development and gone to a top BRITISH club.

No mate he's signed for Rangers!! Ha ha. I'm sure after a couple of days he'll be up to speed with the sectarian tradition of his new team and it's suporters!

CelticBhoyCityBlue said:
Really disappointed with this news, thought he was coming to sign for the left! City don't want to loan him to a Premiership rival so he signs for Skint FC instead. The thought of being pumped in the Champions League must have been too great!

Rangers last night beat Old Firm rivals Celtic to secure the signature of Manchester City winger Vladimir Weiss on a season long loan deal.
The 20 year old Slovakian international who was wanted by the Hoops to replace Aiden McGeady was also on the radar of a host of other clubs including Newcastle, Bolton and Stuttgart .

But Rangers have persuaded the World Cup star who will arrive at Murray Park today and could face Hibs at Easter Road on Sunday to move to Ibrox with the lure of the Champions League and regular first team football in the SPL.

Manager Roberto Mancini sanctioned the temporary deal yesterday preferring the player was farmed out to a club outwith the Premiership and to a team involved in top level European football ahead of recalling Weiss into his first team squad next term.

City are demanding a hefty one off loan fee as well as a fair whack of the players' substantial wages being paid and that scared off the Bundesliga club allowing Rangers to seal the move later today .

The attacking wide man so long saught by Rangers caught the eye of boss Walter Smith during the World Cup with chief executive Martin Bain making inquiries about the player last month before stepping up interest earlier this week.

Not sure what the top line bashing of Rangers has to do with Manchester City. Take it elsewhere.

Besides - I'm sure he'd rather get pumped in the Champions League than the Europa League. If you even make it...

Do I sense a bit of jealousy towards your rivals?

I'm happy with this. The pitches are atrocious and he will get roughed up by the SPL cloggers. If he handles it and turns it on in the Champions League then we get back one hell of a footballer. Great move.

Get in, chuffed he's joined Rangers. 3 in a row's on the cards, :P

Im glad this was a loan move instead of a dreaded sell... Weiss is still young and needs to find his feet on top level... im glad he gets a chance of playing regular football and continue to progress... im not getting into any fight about rangers or celtic... I just want whats best for Weiss and City and that is that he gets to play regulary and can comeback a stronger player for this!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.