VPN/Proxy servers

I hae gone through most of the UK servers and done an internet speed test on them when connected. Some are reporting speeds of up to 30kbps. Not much to some, but this is almost twice what i get on a good day with no VPN running.

Is it possible i could get faster internet connections via a VPN?

I hae gone through most of the UK servers and done an internet speed test on them when connected. Some are reporting speeds of up to 30kbps. Not much to some, but this is almost twice what i get on a good day with no VPN running.

Is it possible i could get faster internet connections via a VPN?

Ultimately no, your isp speed is the hard line for that boss. Can i just confirm the speeds your getting please boss, do you mean 300KB/s? 30kbps is barely enough to post on a forum.

Yep the roku box (now tv) has been hit hard.

Basically the developer option has been removed, which means 3rd party apps cannot be installed and have been removed at the last update.

Real killer that. I'd say it's the most stable platform (or was) out there.

Emby sounds like an option but that is also hit by this shit storm on the roku box.

Looks like I'll have to buy a fire box and get an Emby sub -:)

Interestingly the uktv now apk was working mint on my android phone without an VPN.

Watched the whole Chelsea game, didn't break once.

Mobdro was definitely targeted.

Those of you wanting to use a VPN on a 1st gen FireTV Stick, even if the OpenVPN app says it's connected do a speed test and it's not at all(same with proxy servers, amazon are tinkering about in their updates to stop it). The only way to get it on a VPN at the moment is via a VPN Router or if you managed to root your stick before the latest update(currently no software way to root it on the latest firmware)if you don't fancy buying a Router you can always block the amazon update server(on your modem/router, google for the addresses to block there's plenty of guides) and hope someone cracks the latest firmware so you can root it.

Last edited:
Yep the roku box (now tv) has been hit hard.

Basically the developer option has been removed, which means 3rd party apps cannot be installed and have been removed at the last update.

Real killer that. I'd say it's the most stable platform (or was) out there.

Emby sounds like an option but that is also hit by this shit storm on the roku box.

Looks like I'll have to buy a fire box and get an Emby sub -:)

I see iptv providers pushing these boxes to, so all those sold for nefarious purposes have been rendered useless? I mean are these updates forced etc? not got one of these boxes so no idea about their default settings you see.

I see iptv providers pushing these boxes to, so all those sold for nefarious purposes have been rendered useless? I mean are these updates forced etc? not got one of these boxes so no idea about their default settings you see.

Basically yes. There isn't any way around it either. The update removes the app and you can't disable updates on the system, rendering them absolutely useless.

To be honest I should have known given that sky have such an affiliation with the box. It's manufactured by roku who also have a stick similar to the amazon one. I'm not certain but I don't think sky have anything to do with that so there is potentially something that could be done, although nothing has so I'm probably wide of the mark.

I'd actually just purchased a new one of these, the updated box as well, with a 2 year sub for £70. In the last week actually, so that's 70 notes I'll not see again.

It was the most stable platform, it was basically card sharing but all through the internet, no dish required.

It does look as though emby is the solution in respect of software.

Or any device really that can have these 3rd party apps installed and give you access to a server.

Amazon have no interest in sky or the premier league so the firebox does look as though that's the best option for stability moving forwards, you can add plex and emby to this.

I'd advise people though to pay for a decent VPN. They are cheap if you pay annually and is nothing like what you'd pay sky for a yearly sports package.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.