Vulcan Bomber

Used to see them as a kid. My dad was Army Air Corp (before he went to REME) we used to attend airshows daaan saaaf Middle Walop I think. I remember one hitting a huge climb over our heads and the noise will live with me for Ever.

My sister is RAF now, first Lucars on Tornadoes then Waddington on AWACs now she's on Hurcs at Brize the only female ground engineer in the country (very proud of her) the Eutofighter I heard when she was at waddington and I attended the car park that is the Waddington Air show was the nearest sound to the Vulcan and the EE Lighting I've heard since.

Been seeing a few Chinooks around here recently, that's a fair old sight and sound when three in formation go over your garden.

In the MEN today, the Vulcan at Woodford is having a mueseum dedicated to it and other Avro stuff built around it.

Good to see

9ht307.jpg

Vulcan at Farnborough this year

Ronnie the Rep said:
9ht307.jpg

I was lucky enough to see if fly four times over the week on the trade days and for the public at weekend. Great sight and it still, even now, upstaged all the other aircrafts. If I knew how to do it I would stick a video on.

Easter 1982. Was staying in my caravan at the Camping Club site some 2 miles from the end of RAF Shawbury's runway, near Shrewsbury.

I heard a very loud noise coming from the airfield, and thought "that's not a Provost (they used them to train the fighter controllers based there), nor a Hawk (courtesy visits from RAF Valley)", and went out to look.

A Vulcan came right overhead at about 500 feet, the noise was deafening, and incredible to hear.

I found out later that it was the same Vulcan that bombed Port Stanley a couple of weeks afterwards.

Amazing sight, amazing plane.

crazyg said:
Easter 1982. Was staying in my caravan at the Camping Club site some 2 miles from the end of RAF Shawbury's runway, near Shrewsbury.

I heard a very loud noise coming from the airfield, and thought "that's not a Provost (they used them to train the fighter controllers based there), nor a Hawk (courtesy visits from RAF Valley)", and went out to look.

A Vulcan came right overhead at about 500 feet, the noise was deafening, and incredible to hear.

I found out later that it was the same Vulcan that bombed Port Stanley a couple of weeks afterwards.

Amazing sight, amazing plane.
Tis a thing of beauty and grace given the grim task it was designed to do.
Stayed at a camp site at near RAF Valley many years ago , when they were training in Gnats and much to the delight of a small boy , a flight of lightnings and one memorable day a Victor bomber flew in .
A memory never forgotten.

Notable absentee from this year's RIAT @ Fairford.

Worrying noises too from the MOD regarding the involvement of the RAF in future air shows.

Perhaps HRH would like the idea of City sponsored "Blue Arrows".

franksinatra said:
Ronnie the Rep said:
9ht307.jpg

I was lucky enough to see if fly four times over the week on the trade days and for the public at weekend. Great sight and it still, even now, upstaged all the other aircrafts. If I knew how to do it I would stick a video on.
[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dKDmid8Nn3E&channel=MrButler101[/video]

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.