Vulcan Bomber

Flew over here a couple of weeks ago. I'm still in love with this plane, beautiful to watch, beautiful to hear...

Stood under one at Duxford a couple of months ago just in awe of it's beauty.

nelsons willie said:
BimboBob said:
Flew over here a couple of weeks ago. I'm still in love with this plane, beautiful to watch, beautiful to hear...

Weirdo.
I think it sounds great, they are a thing of beauty.....for a fighting machine

blue underpants said:
nelsons willie said:
BimboBob said:

Weirdo.
I think it sounds great, they are a thing of beauty.....for a fighting machine
I'm a fighting machine and also a thing of beauty, the two go hand in hand:)

Still one of my most favourite memories as a kid. Grandad took me to a show and I got to go in the cockpit. Remember how small it was even for barely ten year old me. Also remember standing under it and thinking that the wings went on forever - Must have been what standing under a 747 would feel to me now!

samharris said:
i kne albert davy said:
samharris said:
comet was our first passenger plane I remember..wings fell off one of em..
Close but no cigar Comet was the World's first commercial jet airliner (yes Britain did lead the World once) it was at the cutting edge of technology of it's day before metal fatigue was fully understood but we did solve the problems.

wings did fall off though!! in fact 3 of em.. <a class="postlink" href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/De_Havilland_Comet" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/De_Havilland_Comet</a>
They broke up in mid air due to metal fatigue suppose its like the wings falling off but it was the body that cracked around the windows, we solved the problem which helped all aircraft manufacturers.

Strangely Ive just had the pleasure of seeing the Vulcan fly twice in the last week. As a kid I had memories from Woodford and this week, including today, it outstaged all the other aircraft, like the Typhoon.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.