Waldorf Pub - Sunday. WHU.

Do they have a big screen TV? Last time i was in there im sure it was only small screens on the wall.
I am thinking of the right place arent i, near picadilly down the side street near the Malmaison hotel?

CTID1988 said:
Do they have a big screen TV? Last time i was in there im sure it was only small screens on the wall.
I am thinking of the right place arent i, near picadilly down the side street near the Malmaison hotel?

Yeah that's the place. I've not been in since QPR but the projector screen was brought down just before kick off and those at the back watched the small screens on wall.

stonerblue said:
dobobobo said:
Two matches left to play, but I post these videos simply because when it was QPR I really wanted to be next to the ground even though I couldn't watch the match on the big screens. Thankfully I came to my senses and experienced this at The Waldorf:

First goal:

Second and Third Goal (Action starts 15 seconds in to vid):

Where ever you go, make sure it's in a place with loads of Blues and you'll never forget it. (*Fingers crossed*)

Im in that bottom one and was stood on that spot for most of the game ('til i spat me dummy out and went outside to shout at random objects)
Some fuckin day that.

I made sure I stayed on my spot. (Only because I had vivid memories from Gillingham match where I sat on my Wembley seat head down.)

Not wanting to sound arrogant, but i've seen vids of other pubs and bars from that day and I am glad I was in The Waldorf... it was fucking roasting though!

dobobobo said:
stonerblue said:
dobobobo said:
Two matches left to play, but I post these videos simply because when it was QPR I really wanted to be next to the ground even though I couldn't watch the match on the big screens. Thankfully I came to my senses and experienced this at The Waldorf:

First goal:

Second and Third Goal (Action starts 15 seconds in to vid):

Where ever you go, make sure it's in a place with loads of Blues and you'll never forget it. (*Fingers crossed*)

Im in that bottom one and was stood on that spot for most of the game ('til i spat me dummy out and went outside to shout at random objects)
Some fuckin day that.

I made sure I stayed on my spot. (Only because I had vivid memories from Gillingham match where I sat on my Wembley seat head down.)

Not wanting to sound arrogant, but i've seen vids of other pubs and bars from that day and I am glad I was in The Waldorf... it was fucking roasting though!

I got in there well before kick off and commandeered that spot at the bar where the camera is filming from. Gave it, and our chances of winning the game, up at 1-2 and sat in the gutter outside.
Funnily enough, i never thought of leaving the Gillingham game at any time

Won't be doing the Waldorf as I was there for the Cup Final defeat by Wigan. Don't want to jinx it.

Watching it int he Courtyard in town. If we win would it be worth going to the ground after the game? Will we have a party outside?

strange said:
Watching it int he Courtyard in town. If we win would it be worth going to the ground after the game? Will we have a party outside?

No, we'll have a party inside but by the end of the game you will be able to find a way in if your resourceful.

Nixon_The_Bike_Thief said:
strange said:

No, we'll have a party inside but by the end of the game you will be able to find a way in if your resourceful.

If by resourceful you mean possessing a pair of legs. Piece of piss to get in afterwards.

adrianr said:
Nixon_The_Bike_Thief said:
strange said:

If by resourceful you mean possessing a pair of legs. Piece of piss to get in afterwards.

If you have just watched 90mins in a pub of us winning the league then possesing a fully functioning reliable pair of legs at full time is not necessarily a piece of piss ;o)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.