Wales v England - Tue 29th Nov, 19:00 | Group B | World Cup 2022

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
How does a Manager do better than Semi Final at World Cup and losing on Penalties in Euros Finals ?! What more do you want aside from winning every single match, playing free flowing attacking football every match and most importantly the players and formation that you personally want - I’m absolutely convinced even if we win the World Cup he would get hardly any credit from those that constantly spout crap against him
De Matteo was not a good manager so simply stating because someone gets to a final means they are a good manager is naive. Like saying a manager who loses must be poor. You have a simplistic view on the game and your eyes fail you.

By the way Matteo actually won the champions league so I agree with you waistcoat is a worse manager than him.

How does a Manager do better than Semi Final at World Cup and losing on Penalties in Euros Finals ?! What more do you want aside from winning every single match, playing free flowing attacking football every match and most importantly the players and formation that you personally want - I’m absolutely convinced even if we win the World Cup he would get hardly any credit from those that constantly spout crap against him
Like I said I don't think he's competent. He's been relatively lucky in tournaments so far. His only claim to fame is relegating Middlesbrough. If we ever beat a decent team in a tournament I'll hold my hands up and I'm man enough to do that.

Agree. You have to judge him on the basis of the players he has and also on his record v others.

Prior England managers have had better squads and done far worse. On that basis he is the best manager since Bobby Robson.

His teams are far from perfect but also far better than the so called golden generation.

How does a manager do better by fucking winning the tournaments,I could list a number of managers who would have had England now as reigning champs and euro winners,southgate is am sure a decent bloke but he’s stumbled along with the team through the last two tournaments and the majority of those games bar the odd one or two ..

and I can name loads of managers that would have won the champions league with Man City

Easy to do isn’t it ?

Winning a knock out tournament is so so tough, takes a lot of luck - regardless of players and formations it’s a massive ask - so easy for fans to just slag off everything and be negative , Southgate’s done as good as anyone we’ve had for England in decades - moulding a very young exciting squad once again

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.