Walt Disney World

Went 2 years ago with my family andy parents. We all loved it!

Stayed at the Swan Hotel on property. The Swan and Dolphin hotels are managed by Westin. If you are part of their rewards program you can use them there.

If you stay on you are allowed entrance into the various parks and hour before they open. It is also very nice to be able to walk back and forth to your hotel and other areas when you please.

If you want to eat at Disney restaurants, do character meals, or treat one of the children to a princess makeover, make reservations EARLY like today.

We went in November. The parks were decorated for Christmas and the crowds were sparse. I literally walked onto some of the bigger attractions with a 5 minute wait.

Are you sorted BM,made yer mind up.
Basically, no mate haha. Disney have a free dining offer on at the minute which makes it more attractive. On the other hand, the hotels just outside Disney, like the one you mentioned, look better gaffs to stay in.

We just got back two weeks ago. Stayed at Marriott Cypress Harbour for two weeks, an incredibly good place to stay for us, it's a peaceful place and we've always stayed there, depends really if you intend to spend most of your time in Disney or other parts of Orlando aswell though. As for Disney hotels, we've never stayed in them, but know numerous people who have. The expensive ones are supposedly very good, but that's the thing isn't it? It's pricey. Though I suppose everything in Disney is, it was unreal how much we spent on merely food and drink in there for just one day.

Not sure we were as well planned as the parks were heaving, only found out when we got over there that kids in the US were off for school holidays. We're booked for next year in April and as someone above has already pointed out, next time round we'll be booking our fast passes in advance aswell.

You do really have to have some sort of idea of what you're doing when you get in there, my family had been going for well over twenty years, sometimes even twice a year, but this time we hadn't visited Orlando in six years, so we sort of just went not knowing what to expect.

Soarin' in Epcot was about 2 and half hours if I remember right and that was the jist of it for most of the good rides. Though we did spend a lot of our time outside Disney really. Mostly shopping.

With a lot of building work going on it was busy everywhere, Downtown Disney was certainly hell getting into. We do hope it was just a "one off" due to school holidays and the construction going on. That massive multi storage car park taints the memory of it abit but I can understand why they've done it.

Still loved every minute, should be even better next time as we're more familiar of what to expect.
We spent an hour in that downtown disney roadwork hell just to go for a meal.

Disney itself is shit compared to the other parks. Twee, packed, not many water fountains and full of little hitlers telling you to move over the white line. Universal was far better, as was Sea World and Busch Gardens. Less queues, better rides and a better atmosphere.

I'm off there on the 30th july for 4 weeks and it can't come soon enough, been 8 times and would recommend it to everyone, just one thing, I miss 3 yes 3 fucking matches whilst im there so recommendations for pubs, clubs or anywhere i could get the games would be brilliant.

Just spent 2 weeks In Orlando - Amazing place - we stayed at the Sheraton Vistana Resort in Lake Buena Vista. Very nice resort. Didn't really see much of it as we were out everyday.

Disney world is amazing - Loved all the Disney attractions especially Magic Kingdom & Hollywood Studios. Make sure you book your attractions before you go and sort your Fast Pass out - think you can book Fast Pass 90 days before you go - there are some attractions which are booked way in advance. Alternative is to wait in the queues.

Universal is also great - we spent 3 days there.

Try to plan your days and be prepared to come back a few pounds heavier in weight and a few pounds lighter in your pocket (especially if you have a wife that enjoys shopping :))

Anyone been to the Disney in Paris? Good?

I guess it depends what you want from it. How old are the kids you are taking?

If you have a little girl (s) who likes music and dancing (shows and parades), gentle rides, princesses and meeting characters, she will have a great time.

My daughter loves the character meals. We have been to all of them. They work out about £40-50 per head (not including drinks). The best value character meal is the brunch at Inventions (on the main on-site hotel). Your little un(s) will meet about 8 characters. At other character meals, they only have 3 or 4 characters. Book the meal well in advance.

There are a few Disney hotels around 2 mins away by bus (free and every 5 mins) from just outside the park. Basic hotels but you will be so knackered, you won't care.

Those staying at Disney hotels get 'magic hours'. This gives you two hours (8am to 10am) in the park before the hordes arrive. If you are in by 8, you could easily walk on to 5 or 6 rides, one after the other, without queuing.

Basically, no mate haha. Disney have a free dining offer on at the minute which makes it more attractive. On the other hand, the hotels just outside Disney, like the one you mentioned, look better gaffs to stay in.
Staying in gives you an early hour at the parks. That does make a difference. My wife, mum dad and myself were pissed every night walking around Epcot or downtown after dinner before walking or taking the bus back to the Swan & Dolphin Hotels. Was this the major selling point? I don't know but it was damn nice!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.