WARNING - Parking for City games

I'd bet there are companies who buy well known parking areas purely so that they can clamp people and make a mint off it. Probably gets them more money than allowing people to park there for a small fee.

middletonblue said:
borrow someones disabled badge for match days and park where ever you want....
I've been doin that since COMS opened,usually park on Rowsley st nr where Summerbee's was,went to park in usual spot yesterday and there was police cones all down the road....bastards,can't complain though,its saved me a small fortune over the years,just had to walk a couple of hundred yards more

If you can walk from one of the car parks ten mins away, a fiver a League match is £95. That's about the price of two full tanks of petrol a year and your car is safe.

It costs more than that to have the paint repaired if it gets keyed.

how many of you go? just park in Mary Ds at £6, there is 3 of us so its £2 each, can't argue with that with a pint waiting less than 10 yards away when you get there, after the game city chippy for chips and curry to eat in the car while there still piping hot

am looking to move nearer from parking on gorton st by ashburys ... anyone recommend any of the others between there and mary d's that are not permit-only? thanks

There's free parking all around COMS for anyone capable of walking for about 15 minutes. I've never paid a penny to park in 7 years as I found an on-road parking space for the first COMS match against TNS and have parked there ever since.

I was listening on the radio to people claiming they need to leave the ground early to escape the traffic. Rubbish. I leave at the end and walk back to my car and get away with no trouble at all. 40 mins after the game ends I can be back home in Timperley.

urmston said:
There's free parking all around COMS for anyone capable of walking for about 15 minutes. I've never paid a penny to park in 7 years as I found an on-road parking space for the first COMS match against TNS and have parked there ever since.

I was listening on the radio to people claiming they need to leave the ground early to escape the traffic. Rubbish. I leave at the end and walk back to my car and get away with no trouble at all. 40 mins after the game ends I can be back home in Timperley.

ditto

i park in the streets behind the mitchell arms for free every game, was in sale at 530 on saturday after leaving on the final whistle

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.