WARNING - Parking for City games

Further info on this. I didn't park on the land outside CGB for Chelsea game, but I walked past the land. There were approx 11 or 12 vehicles on there, way more than normal, which I found very unusual.

On the way back to my car after the game I walked back past CGB, and all hell had kicked off. All the cars had been clamped, and a couple had been towed away, the clampers were there and were after money. I spoke to a guy who'd been clamped, a Chelsea fan, and it turns out someone pre-match had been selling parking on the land for £5 a car. Now, prior to my clamping/towing incident at the Blackburn game, I'd parked on this land pretty much most weeks and NEVER had there been anyone selling parking on the land, it had been free. Suddenly, as soon as there's clamping/towing going on "someone" starts to sell the spaces. Now, I've no proof here but I'd say I'm 99.99999% certain the clampers have sent out someone to load up the land so they can maximise their revenue. It's just far too coincidental that when there was no money to be made from clamping no-one charged for spaces yet as soon as it's minimum £125 a car, and if they're towed £425 a car (double if it's a van) that suddenly someone is selling parking spaces and filling the land up.

So, BE WARNED, even if someone in a hi-vis jacket is waving you onto the land, don't be fooled, CGB Engineering land is not for parking, and you'll be clamped/towed.

Matty said:
Further info on this. I didn't park on the land outside CGB for Chelsea game, but I walked past the land. There were approx 11 or 12 vehicles on there, way more than normal, which I found very unusual.

On the way back to my car after the game I walked back past CGB, and all hell had kicked off. All the cars had been clamped, and a couple had been towed away, the clampers were there and were after money. I spoke to a guy who'd been clamped, a Chelsea fan, and it turns out someone pre-match had been selling parking on the land for £5 a car. Now, prior to my clamping/towing incident at the Blackburn game, I'd parked on this land pretty much most weeks and NEVER had there been anyone selling parking on the land, it had been free. Suddenly, as soon as there's clamping/towing going on "someone" starts to sell the spaces. Now, I've no proof here but I'd say I'm 99.99999% certain the clampers have sent out someone to load up the land so they can maximise their revenue. It's just far too coincidental that when there was no money to be made from clamping no-one charged for spaces yet as soon as it's minimum £125 a car, and if they're towed £425 a car (double if it's a van) that suddenly someone is selling parking spaces and filling the land up.

So, BE WARNED, even if someone in a hi-vis jacket is waving you onto the land, don't be fooled, CGB Engineering land is not for parking, and you'll be clamped/towed.
If that the case its fraud. Wasnt there something last week where a couple of clampers were arrested and charged for something similar. Any fan who was clamped should report there suspicion to the Police.

BluePurgatory said:
Matty said:

If that the case its fraud. Wasnt there something last week where a couple of clampers were arrested and charged for something similar. Any fan who was clamped should report there suspicion to the Police.
That's what I'd have been doing if it were me. Unfortunately I was stung the previous week due to not thinking to look for no parking signs on a piece of land I'd parked on with no problems for 6 years.

Matty said:
BluePurgatory said:
That's what I'd have been doing if it were me. Unfortunately I was stung the previous week due to not thinking to look for no parking signs on a piece of land I'd parked on with no problems for 6 years.

Anyone passing that ground on match day and notes any low life with a vest waving cars need to call the police. It may also be an idea to let the owners of the land know what may be going on and the MUEN are investigating it.

BluePurgatory said:
Matty said:

Anyone passing that ground on match day and notes any low life with a vest waving cars need to call the police. It may also be an idea to let the owners of the land know what may be going on and the MUEN are investigating it.
By the time I walked past the land on my way to the stadium all the cars were already there and there was no-one around. I've spoken to my mate, who knows the land owner, and explained what happened to him. He'll pass it on to him.

I saw this on the way back to my car. I parked just round the corner on the main road near the scrap yard.

Outrageous. Really feel for you guys as clearly it is a despicable scam.

There are car parks on Bradford Road, and then Cambrian (?) Road, back towards the north/ west side of the ground. I park down there all the time, 10 minutes walk and while it's not always a traffic-free run back out, it's generally not horrific.

People parking on someone's land without permission deserve all they get.

If off-road land is not specifically marked as a car park why not assume it isn't a car park?

Simple really.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.