Was anyone Confident that Hughes Would achieve top 6 finish?

The first few months i thought we would be top 4 material, but over the past month it seemed to me that we would be mid table, once again.

We wud have had a good second half to the season and finished top 4 with hughes in charge. Now we seem to have picked some guy up from the bus stop!
RAG ALERT

I felt at the beginning of the season with hughes it was possible with the money we spent and the exceptional amount of talent we drafted in even though i doubted him, i give him a chance to buy and get his own team but nothing has improved, but it's alrite buying all the players, it's no good if you don't know how to handle them and you can't train them,

It obviously wasn't just this that cost him his job, throughout the last 12 months hes used bizarre tactics and substitutions, at times you didn't need to be Jose Mourinho to see the weak points and areas that we weren't strong, like sylvinho against lennon, we all saw it and talked about it 4 days before the game, hughes saw it and at HT he never changed it, all it took with for him to say to Barry go wider left and then act a second man to help sylvinho, he didn't do fuck all.

Some things were blatently obvious and every city fan and pundits highlighted one or two things, everyone saw it minus hughes.

Inept manager with class and world class players only has one outcome i'm afraid.

With RM my faith is restored that we can actually give the top 4 a headache.

With the squad we had heading into the season I was confident of top 5, and with the way we started the season I thought 4th was a chance.

But as I've said in another thread, I think it became pretty obvious during the 1 from 10 stretch that even top 6 was unlikely under MH, for whatever reason.

Now ... who knows ... if our performances turn around quickly enough hopefully top 4 is still a decent possibility.

no as time passed i became less confident.

our owner haven't sacked Hughes out of spite. they've sacked him because he couldn't organise his expensive acquisitions in to a team. great managers make shit player into good ones and good ones into great ones. unfortunately in spite of the best individual talent i have ever seen in a city team, Hughes tactics and substitutions in the most part made these player look average at best

onwards and upwards

i thank god for our owners and trust their decisions to be for the benefit of the club and its fans.

i do however feel sorry for mark Hughes as a human being.

Godzilla said:
It is for this reason I believe that the time was right for a change.

Hughes is a good Manager, but not a great Manager!

You achieve greatness, providing you have the resources which would make you great. Ferguson didn't achieve greatness at East Stirling, nor Aberdeen, and MeNoShakeHand didn't at Grampus.

I was confident, as far as anyone could be in this game, that we would have finished fifth or sixth.

at the start of the season i figured there were 8 teams fighting for 8 spots. everton slipped away and that made it 7 for 7 spots.

i feel confident that 6 of those 7 teams will finish above liverpool.

so yes i feel confident that we would finish top 6.

at least 6th, maybe 5th, possibly 4th

the season still has a long way to run and 6 or 9 points at this stage is nothing

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.