Was Chelsea our best performance of the season?

We've played better football in patches, but not consistently over a whole game, in fact I don't think we've played that well in a full game since the end of 2011.

In the pub before the game, when people saw the team, most were pessimistic, some quite despondent.

We dominated all the game, maybe if Lampard had scored, we wouldn't be thinking along these lines, but I couldn't fault anyone who started, though I didn't think Tevez was great when he came on, but he did give Chelsea a different set of problems, and scored a great goal.

First half of Newcastle away was fantastic, could of been 6 up at half time.

I know its optimistic but the Chelsea game felt like we have got the kick up the arse we need, whether its too late or not I'd rather lose the league fighting than give up completely.

Didsbury Dave said:
Best performance of the season without a doubt. Solid at the back, dominating and physical midfield, created chances and got some good goals. The only player who didn't play well was Tevez. Everyone else was a contender for man of the match. We pressed very well and dominated the game. We broke at pace and utilised silva and yaya in their best roles.

I also thought Aguero's touch wasn't at it's best, but I agree best performance of the season. Great to see Rodwell make a positive impact on the game as well. Hopefully he can stay injury free have a good pre-season and you never know he could prove to be a real asset to the club.

Mr Ed (The Stables) said:
Didsbury Dave said:
Best performance of the season without a doubt. Solid at the back, dominating and physical midfield, created chances and got some good goals. The only player who didn't play well was Tevez. Everyone else was a contender for man of the match. We pressed very well and dominated the game. We broke at pace and utilised silva and yaya in their best roles.

I also thought Aguero's touch wasn't at it's best, but I agree best performance of the season. Great to see Rodwell make a positive impact on the game as well. Hopefully he can stay injury free have a good pre-season and you never know he could prove to be a real asset to the club.

Yes,I agree completely that sergio's touch hasn't quite been there all season . But his sharpness is, so I'm not concerned. It's coming.

When a top side like Chelsea is stifled to only hitting 3 shots on target, it's got to be one of the best games, if not the best game, of the season.

More like this in Europe, hopefully!

Was probably our best performances of the season which says it all. Don't get me wrong, we played fairly well against Chelsea but it was nowhere near the level of last season.

It was our best but to be fair that's not hard because our performances have been shite compared to last season.

Marvin said:
Watched extended highlights on the official site a couple of times now and some of the inter play between Milner, Yaya Toure and Silva really was outstanding.

Newcastle, Arsenal and WBA away with 10 men were possibly better results but in terms of the quality of our play I think the Chelsea game was our best of the season.

The other aspect that was good was that we played for 90 minutes not just 45. I thought after the first 45 minutes when we'd played so well and created good chances and squandered them that we'd get frustrated if we didn't score and Chelsea would be bound to have a good spell at some point, but it was a totally dominating performance

Probably a few factors in there. But I think the extra man in midfield helped, and I'd certainly used that set up away from home
Sunderland at home
West Brom away
Newcastle away
Chelsea at home

I don't think we played that well at Arsenal. We gave the ball away shit loads and failed to dominate the game in the second half.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.