Was Gareth Barry the Player You Expected?

very poor comments by some on here about barry obviously you haven't noticed the amount of work and effort this guy has done to compensate the lack of creativity in the middle.

playing along side de jong has stifled his game and that's not de jongs fault there just have been very limited choices thus what i have seen is a defensive midfielder trying to all so play an attacking forward and has totally suffered for it.

leewill31 said:
very poor comments by some on here about barry obviously you haven't noticed the amount of work and effort this guy has done to compensate the lack of creativity in the middle.

playing along side de jong has stifled his game and that's not de jongs fault there just have been very limited choices thus what i have seen is a defensive midfielder trying to all so play an attacking forward and has totally suffered for it.

Absolutely SPOT ON there leewill31, for someone who would not only be a cert to go to south africa if fit but be on the teamsheet in all the games then people on here are certainly showing a lack of knowledge for football and are blinded buy the blue blinkers.
People need to wake up and realise when we have got a good player on our hands - no he probably isnt the best in the world but i'd go with a player who 6m/yr capello would chose rather than the muppets on here who chose to always want to have a player to pick on and criticise - so who we slagging next?

Get a life you pricks and take the blinkers off!

leewill31 said:

agreed, well put.

When Barry went off against Spurs we were a different team and suffered as a result. He's a quality player without a doubt.

m35 blue68 said:
leewill31 said:

Absolutely SPOT ON there leewill31, for someone who would not only be a cert to go to south africa if fit but be on the teamsheet in all the games then people on here are certainly showing a lack of knowledge for football and are blinded buy the blue blinkers.
People need to wake up and realise when we have got a good player on our hands - no he probably isnt the best in the world but i'd go with a player who 6m/yr capello would chose rather than the muppets on here who chose to always want to have a player to pick on and criticise - so who we slagging next?

Get a life you pricks and take the blinkers off!

So people are not allowed an opinion now ?

cleavers said:
mancityscot said:
Do any of you feel that Barry has underachieved greatly this season? was he the player you expected?

Yes.

No.

Started very well, then went backwards. His 'injury' for the Villa home game was a little mysterious (some could say convenient).

One player I hope that is replaced this summer.

One player you hope is replaced this summer? Ha ha ha nice one cleavers, VERY funny......you ARE joking, right?!!

I think you're looking too much into him being out for the Villa game. Both Barry and Mancini are professionals and I very much doubt he'd pretend to be injured for that particular game - especially as people like you would guess that's what was going on. If he can play against them at Villa Park, Eastlands would have been a doddle.

he is a fucking fantastic player. at times this season he has just oozed class. we are lucky to have him. very neat and tidy player. sure he has been carrying an injury most of the season as well.

blue_bird said:
One player you hope is replaced this summer? Ha ha ha nice one cleavers, VERY funny......you ARE joking, right?!!

Actually I wasn't, he started very well for us, but ever since Villa Park he's faded badly, he wouldn't have been in my team much this year, but we don't have any other options. There are better players out there, and since we've targeted winning the title net year we need to have better.

I think he lacks any pace, doesn't get forward nearly enough, and he isn't a very good defensive midfielder. I'd agree he's not at his best alongside De Jong, but I wouldn't replace De Jong to get better out of Barry.

To be able to win this league we need better players than we currently have, therefore he'd be one of those I'd replace (in the starting 11).

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.