Was the ball over the line?

Not been through this whole thread but looking on the BBC gossip page it shows an image from the back page of The Sun. It looks like it has been "photoshopped" to appear more out than other images I've seen. It wouldn't surpise me with that trash! Anyone else seen it?

I don't think it's photoshopped - they have just chosen to show it from an angle that exaggerates how much it is out by, because it suits their purposes of generating controversy and selling papers.

tumblr_o1mvqgKUaw1u5f06vo1_1280.jpg

Incidentally, here's the Bains corner. Nothing wrong with it - the ball is clearly "in" the quadrant, as per the rules:

2itiplx.jpg
Isn't it possible to see grass between the ball and the line and the ball to still be in play. The ball is a sphere and hence part of it can still be in play whilst another part is over the line. What is required is an overhead view which the the goal line technology provides. A view from a shallow angle tells you nothing.

However I do think it was probably out of play, but I don't see how a linesman could give it without TV evidence

any other team ( apart from rags ) i would feel a bit guilty over it, but because its the scousers i think its fuckin funny as fuck as others have said, karma is a great thing, ha ha
apart from we deserved to win on the night by at least 3 clear goals its not like we were lucky and they battered us.

Isn't it possible to see grass between the ball and the line and the ball to still be in play. The ball is a sphere and hence part of it can still be in play whilst another part is over the line. What is required is an overhead view which the the goal line technology provides. A view from a shallow angle tells you nothing.

We're talking about the Sterling cross and not the Bains corner, right?

If so, then no, you're mistaken. What causes things to appear wrong sometimes is parallax error. So long as you look directly down the line, you eliminate parallax error. You do not need to be looking from overhead - it makes no difference. Try it if you don't believe me!

Stuck at work, have sky managed to get us dos-qualified yet or claiming it will be a hollow victory if we beat the red scousers

I do and anyone who understands the rules does. It was out, by about 1 inch to be exact. End of debate. Do I care? No.

I posted this in the post match thread just after the game had ended. You can clearly see grass between line and ball, and since we are looking directly down the line, that means there's no parallax error, i.e. it is out.

2582exj.jpg

That looks reasonably conclusive I have to say. But it's so close the ref and assistant didn't have that view so we got the benefit of the doubt.

Like any of us give a fuck.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.