Was the ball over the line?

The ball LOOKS like it might be out. But it might not be out. NOBODY knows for certain.

If a tree falls in a forest, but there's no one around to hear it... does it still call Raheem Sterling a cheating twat?

Haha, but seriously. after reading the posts on the last few pages... if it is in the Laws of the Game (ultimately decided by Britain, as it should be haha joke) then we (and the linesman) are technically above reproach. Now don't get me wrong, if the Laws of the Game were enforced to the letter it would shit (I mean, come on, blowing a whistle for 'attempting to foul' haha) but rules are rules are bloody rules.

The whole ball has to be over line. There was still an inch of it on the line, so it's technically in play. If those are the exact rules then no one can say anything. Although I'd still be quietly angry if I was Evertonian.

The ball LOOKS like it might be out. But it might not be out. NOBODY knows for certain.

I do and anyone who understands the rules does. It was out, by about 1 inch to be exact. End of debate. Do I care? No.

I posted this in the post match thread just after the game had ended. You can clearly see grass between line and ball, and since we are looking directly down the line, that means there's no parallax error, i.e. it is out.

2582exj.jpg

If a tree falls in a forest, but there's no one around to hear it... does it still call Raheem Sterling a cheating twat?

The whole ball has to be over line. There was still an inch of it on the line, so it's technically in play. If those are the exact rules then no one can say anything. Although I'd still be quietly angry if I was Evertonian.

No there wasn't.

I do and anyone who understands the rules does. It was out, by about 1 inch to be exact. End of debate. Do I care? No.

I posted this in the post match thread just after the game had ended. You can clearly see grass between line and ball, and since we are looking directly down the line, that means there's no parallax error, i.e. it is out.

2582exj.jpg

Hadn't seen this angle in this detail and yes it's out of play. The previous images were inconclusive.

Rules are rules, and it's almost impossible to call. For me, the below should be a goal, but it's not according to the rules. It's quite fair to say the ball Sterling crossed was very similar to this, therefore still in play.

Either way, it was a goal. Happy Days.

holtby-goal-line-technology.jpg

Rules are rules, and it's almost impossible to call. For me, the below should be a goal, but it's not according to the rules. It's quite fair to say the ball Sterling crossed was very similar to this, therefore still in play.

Either way, it was a goal. Happy Days.

holtby-goal-line-technology.jpg

See above. Had Sterlings cross been as per your photo, it would have still been in play. In reality was further over the line than your photo.

As others have said though, about ****ing time we had the rub of the green. That linesman on the nearside tried to fuck us over at every opportunity last night, with no foul given on Sergio, throw in to them when Silva clearly kicked the ball onto an opponent and a very dubious offside given against Sergio when he was through on goal. Fuck em.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.