Was the ball over the line?

Correct. Can anybody show a screenshot of the Baines corner earlier in the game. Shadows are the key, providing you are not a candidate for Specsavers.
Mate, give it up. It was CLEARLY out. Not by much but nevertheless it is clear and beyond debate. To argue otherwise is just silly.

And btw the Bains corner was also CLEARLY touching the line, and therefore OK.

Ah well never mind.

Take that Walton, Wainwright, Moyes, Chuckle2, Gibson, Martinez and all the other Everton arses.

What will happen though is we'll be back in the 'no penalty' pot again and get fuck all again for the rest of the season with the media frenzy.

I can only repeat that the moment he kicks the ball and the moment he plants his foot are to all intents and purposes simultaneous, plus that camera is not static. All of that notwithstanding, I defy you to try and simulate what you are claiming, ie run full tilt in one direction, then kick the ball and try and plant your foot in a counter direction to the way you are travelling. It's nigh on impossible
I bet you're a muffin-Tyler **** as well.

I still think it was over but the fact there's some kind of debate at least tells us we're talking very fine margins and not the ball hitting the advertising boards as every man and his dog would have you believe.

In out, in out, shake it all about. Who gives a f**k,
Wem-ber-ley, Wem-ber-ley, we're the famous Man City and we're going to Wem-ber-ley

Not been through this whole thread but looking on the BBC gossip page it shows an image from the back page of The Sun. It looks like it has been "photoshopped" to appear more out than other images I've seen. It wouldn't surpise me with that trash! Anyone else seen it?

I was at the match almost online with the goal line, as Sterling approached I thought he wont get that, but his speed surprised me and I thought he had just kept it in, on the far side of the line. It was certainly a marginal call and media and others saying it was "obviously" out, (implying bias by the officials), are misrepresenting the decision.

I do and anyone who understands the rules does. It was out, by about 1 inch to be exact. End of debate. Do I care? No.

I posted this in the post match thread just after the game had ended. You can clearly see grass between line and ball, and since we are looking directly down the line, that means there's no parallax error, i.e. it is out.

2582exj.jpg
I think that proves it. It's the the first picture I've seen where you can see a gap between the ball and the line. Not more than half an inch though but it's definitely out.

It's ironic that it happened in almost the exact same place on the pitch where Sterling's clear penalty wasn't given in the league game.

Incidentally, here's the Bains corner. Nothing wrong with it - the ball is clearly "in" the quadrant, as per the rules:

2itiplx.jpg

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.