Was the ball over the line?

The last time was about 2 years ago at SJP when the bar codes had a screamer disallowed for offside, quite rightly in my opinion, but because it was against us the media went on about it for a week
you say that like they never discussed Stones' foul on Sterling.

Will this do? I posted it yesterday after the game finished.

aoopko.jpg

It is too blurred to be conclusive. The line is narrower near the ball so enough doubt to say it was a good goal.

Sorry mate but honestly, you are mistaken. This is schoolboy geometry.

Let's suppose for a moment there is an imaginary 100 foot wall all the way from one side of the pitch to the other, standing right on the by line. And imagine the ball is where Sterling is about to kick it, and we are trying to work out if the ball is touching the wall, or if it is beyond the wall and there's a 1 inch gap. Got that in your mind? Now hold that thought for a moment.

Now imagine you're in your kitchen and imagine a ping pong ball on your kitchen table and you're trying to work out if the ball is touching the table or not. Possibly it is but possibly it's balanced on a grain of rice. You get your eye down to table level and have a look to see if the ball is touching. It doesn't matter from which side of the table you look, does it. It's the same view from any side of the table, so long as your eye is in line with the surface of the table.

Now go back to the football pitch and the wall. The wall is the table. It doesn't matter where along the wall you want to look from, the view is exactly the same. Above, at an angle, lying on the pitch, up in the stands, anywhere you like. So long as your eye is level with the by line and you look along the by line, you can view from any height and you get the same view of the ball and the line.
And the linesman did not have that view. Neither did the ref so they did the only thing they could do and played on.

It is too blurred to be conclusive. The line is narrower near the ball so enough doubt to say it was a good goal.
A couple of cm over the line. The foul on Aguero in the build up to their goal was clearer, yet that is not being discussed.

No, it isn't. With the greatest respect you are mistaken and haven't thought this through well enough.

If we label the sides of the table North, South, East or West, it doesn't matter what side you try to view the ping pong ball from. Agreed?

Now if we translate that to the football pitch, let's say North is vertically above the ball, 50 ft up. West is lying on the ground by the Colin Bell stand, looking down the by line. East is outside the East stand, lying on the by line and South is 50ft underground, underneath the ball.

It's the same as the table, but on its side. And it doesn't matter where you view from, the view is the same, just as it is with the view from any side of the table.

Not sure I agree. Please explain why East and West isnt lying on the ground outside the North and South stands from where you have no way of seeing if the ball is in or out.

It was out but fuck it we fought back well in this tie and feel we deserved it in the end so i don't have a nasty "fluked it" feeling about it.
Yea, ain't an issue for me.
I can imagine myself in a scenario with this goal going against us and in real time I would not feel aggrieved due to the nature of the game.
Obviously its out but in real time the lino/ref would have to have super being vision to see it being out as it was in such a fast pace of play.

Karma is real. Everton kicked the Crap out of us and we had decisions go against us.

I've seen some "Everton" fans saying they want Liverpool to beat us now... They are so fucking crying.

Hahahahaha

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.