Was the ball over the line?

And the linesman did not have that view. Neither did the ref so they did the only thing they could do and played on.

Quite. It was impossible for the ref to keep up with the speed of the attack so neither of the officials saw it. Under those uncertain circumstances they had to let play proceed. It was too close a call. Officials are human and fallible. Given they don't have replays I'm surprised how many calls they get right. Having to run about, concentrate intensely and have eyes like a hawk. Tough job. These things happen all the time and you just have to hope they balance out over the season.

This certainly helps balance out a penalty claim or two.

Not sure I agree. Please explain why East and West isnt lying on the ground outside the North and South stands from where you have no way of seeing if the ball is in or out.

It's confusing because in the table and ping pong ball example, the table is horizontal. Applying the analogy to the football pitch the table is on its side, with the table top running along the by line and extending 50ft in the air and 50ft underground. What we are trying to imagine is if the football is touching this imaginary table top, because if it is, the ball is in.

I'm with the Boiled Bollock. Technology is the answer...

collina.jpg

Quite. It was impossible for the ref to keep up with the speed of the attack so neither of the officials saw it. Under those uncertain circumstances they had to let play proceed. It was too close a call. Officials are human and fallible. Given they don't have replays I'm surprised how many calls they get right. Having to run about, concentrate intensely and have eyes like a hawk. Tough job. These things happen all the time and you just have to hope they balance out over the season.

This certainly helps balance out a penalty claim or two.

What you write is why Collina can claim that they get 96% or 98% or whatever of decisions right - that counts all the throw-ins and offsides that they get correct.

The Sterling case is as Marvin says - impossible to call, and not an error by the officials.

We had the whole ball in, the whole ball out
He squared it to the Belgium kraut and now Everton are out
We do the Okie koki and we head Down south cos were gonna win the cup

Good I'm bored

What you write is why Collina can claim that they get 96% or 98% or whatever of decisions right - that counts all the throw-ins and offsides that they get correct.

The Sterling case is as Marvin says - impossible to call, and not an error by the officials.

Yeah, the philosophical, Wittgensteinian approach is a good one. It wasn't a decision for the lino to make therefore he couldn't have got it wrong. Yep. I like that one! Does Roberto go along with it, or dya think he's cursing the immaturity of the officials in allowing play to continue?

Under normal circumstances I'd be happy to hold my hands up and say we've got away with one but considering the 2 stonewall penalties we were denied in the other 2 games against them in this "trilogy", I'm more inclined to say fuck 'em and I wish the ball had been so far over the line that Sterling was actually in the fucking family stand when he crossed it to De Bruyne!

Yeah, the philosophical, Wittgensteinian approach is a good one. It wasn't a decision for the lino to make therefore he couldn't have got it wrong. Yep. I like that one! Does Roberto go along with it, or dya think he's cursing the immaturity of the officials in allowing play to continue?

Not quite sure what you're getting at!

I don't think it was an error by the officials as they would have been guessing. That doesn't stop it being against the laws of the game.

Under normal circumstances I'd be happy to hold my hands up and say we've got away with one but considering the 2 stonewall penalties we were denied in the other 2 games against them in this "trilogy", I'm more inclined to say fuck 'em and I wish the ball had been so far over the line that Sterling was actually in the fucking family stand when he crossed it to De Bruyne!

My Evertonian Renegade Son suggested to me that he was waiting for the Ashton tram when he pulled it back! I told him not to exaggerate and said he was choosing another top from the City shop!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.