Was the ball over the line?

I honestly can't remember so much fuss being made about a decision like this for a long long time. It's fucking hilarious after all the shite decisions we've been getting all season.
The last time was about 2 years ago at SJP when the bar codes had a screamer disallowed for offside, quite rightly in my opinion, but because it was against us the media went on about it for a week

The last time was about 2 years ago at SJP when the bar codes had a screamer disallowed for offside, quite rightly in my opinion, but because it was against us the media went on about it for a week
It doesn't help when apparently Phil McNulty, (the BBC's Chief football writer), is an Everton fan. He wrote the BBC's "Everton suffer injustice" match review : http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/35358806

I would imagine there has been some influence on the subsequent BBC article where Jagielka "hits out at 'arrogant' referee" for not discussing the decision.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/35431109

At the end of that article it finishes with "BBC Sport contacted Professional Game Match Officials, the body which represents Premier League referees, but it declined to comment" BBC trying to stir the pot still further.

Chippy boy, I disagree. I was convinced the ball was out but did an experiment tonight (yes that's sad) which made me very doubtful. I placed a ball so that from an overhead view a tiny bit of the ball was not accross a line i.e. in play under the rules. I was amazed that from every angle it looked out and from most, well out. It was only the directly overhead angle that you could see it was in.

Sorry mate but honestly, you are mistaken. This is schoolboy geometry.

Let's suppose for a moment there is an imaginary 100 foot wall all the way from one side of the pitch to the other, standing right on the by line. And imagine the ball is where Sterling is about to kick it, and we are trying to work out if the ball is touching the wall, or if it is beyond the wall and there's a 1 inch gap. Got that in your mind? Now hold that thought for a moment.

Now imagine you're in your kitchen and imagine a ping pong ball on your kitchen table and you're trying to work out if the ball is touching the table or not. Possibly it is but possibly it's balanced on a grain of rice. You get your eye down to table level and have a look to see if the ball is touching. It doesn't matter from which side of the table you look, does it. It's the same view from any side of the table, so long as your eye is in line with the surface of the table.

Now go back to the football pitch and the wall. The wall is the table. It doesn't matter where along the wall you want to look from, the view is exactly the same. Above, at an angle, lying on the pitch, up in the stands, anywhere you like. So long as your eye is level with the by line and you look along the by line, you can view from any height and you get the same view of the ball and the line.

it was out, we were sat in that corner and we could see it was out. The ref was blind, it doesnt matter, we battered them. Now for the red half of liverpool. I hope we get stuck in abd wipe the smile of Klopps beardy fkin face. Zabaletta was an animal last night

I honestly can't remember so much fuss being made about a decision like this for a long long time. It's fucking hilarious after all the shite decisions we've been getting all season.
Sterling disallowed goal for offside a couple of years ago when he was onside. Big fuss made even though the ref had blown a good few seconds before he scored.
One thing in common - decision went against scousers, hence big fuss by the scouse loving media.

I still haven't seen any angle that proves the ball was out, the only way they could do it is the MNF virtual thing they do seen as there was no camera directly along the line.

Sorry mate but honestly, you are mistaken. This is schoolboy geometry.

Let's suppose for a moment there is an imaginary 100 foot wall all the way from one side of the pitch to the other, standing right on the by line. And imagine the ball is where Sterling is about to kick it, and we are trying to work out if the ball is touching the wall, or if it is beyond the wall and there's a 1 inch gap. Got that in your mind? Now hold that thought for a moment.

Now imagine you're in your kitchen and imagine a ping pong ball on your kitchen table and you're trying to work out if the ball is touching the table or not. Possibly it is but possibly it's balanced on a grain of rice. You get your eye down to table level and have a look to see if the ball is touching. It doesn't matter from which side of the table you look, does it. It's the same view from any side of the table, so long as your eye is in line with the surface of the table.

Now go back to the football pitch and the wall. The wall is the table. It doesn't matter where along the wall you want to look from, the view is exactly the same. Above, at an angle, lying on the pitch, up in the stands, anywhere you like. So long as your eye is level with the by line and you look along the by line, you can view from any height and you get the same view of the ball and the line.
I'm not sure you are taking proper account of the curvature of the ball, the curvature of the eye and the curvature of the earth.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.