Was the game really that boring?

This put it into perspective for me. If the stakes we are playing for are titles, Chumps Lge and silver cups, I'd expect more of the same.

Liverpool 0-0 Man Utd 19/09/2005.

IT SEEMS odd that barely a month into the season, two sides with credible title ambitions can be embroiled in a game they dare not lose.

Yet that was the depressing experience a disbelieving capacity crowd at Anfield endured yesterday, as the fear of defeat inhibited both Liverpool and Manchester United to the extent that two sides brimming with attacking talent barely produced a chance.

It does not require the knowledge of a footballing knight to work out who benefits most from this dull stalemate... Jose Mourinho's Chelsea. Sir Alex Ferguson's face at the end of this contest - sour even by his lofty standards - illustrated such a frustrating story perfectly.Chelsea enjoy a seven-point lead over United in the Premiership, and a 12-point buffer ahead of Liverpool. Yet it is not just the result that will satisfy Mourinho.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/top-stories/2005/09/19/stupor-sunday-115875-16147811/

They had one chance and that was the Skittles header of a corner which was a gift from the officials as it should have been a goal kick.

Like I said we had a few chances but didn't take them.

i found it very absorbing , the tactical battle ,and the ball on the floor was very noticable !
and a welcome sight

I found it too tense to enjoy, I cant get rid of my old Man City mentality and was expecting Torres or Gerrard to fluke one in injury time. So cheered as if we had won at the end. I thought the Portsmouth game worse

I enjoyed the tactical battle. Of course we all want to see our team win by 5 goals, but it was good all the same.

I'm getting pure grief on another forum for my opinion on the match, primarily off people who've obviously seen MOTD/Sky's take on it and adopted that as fact.

took my 4 year old lad for the first time and he stayed awake, trust me thats good going, i said it was boring to my mate when it had finished, but on reflection think it was just different, bit like a game of chess not wanting to give up the higher ground by conceding.

dick slexia said:
I found it too tense to enjoy, I cant get rid of my old Man City mentality and was expecting Torres or Gerrard to fluke one in injury time. So cheered as if we had won at the end. I thought the Portsmouth game worse

I thought this towards the end of the second half too. I kept visualizing Liverpool getting a winner at the end and being gutted, but it didn't happen. We have come so far in the last few seasons I think.

When it's your own team you never find a match boring, there was too much riding on it for it too get tedious. However I watched a re-run of the game today and I have to admit it wasn't the best, and one neutrals won't have enjoyed.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.